the best part of archery season?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by kgtech, Jun 26, 2015.

1. kgtech

kgtech Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    what is you're favorite part of archery season?

for me it about the adventure every trip to the stand, spending time with my son, seeing the sunrise/sun sets, and TIME AWAY FROM WORK,watching mother nature.

2. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    The first week in November, best odds of seeing bucks I get a little pissed if all I see are does during a sit.

3. tc racing

tc racing Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    when I am sitting in my stand with the sun in my face as the leaves are showering down from the treetops causing the forest to have that yellowish orange glow. and the occasional acorn pounding down on top of my head, OUCH! then just about when I'm ready to dose off I hear a doe come crashing through the woods with a buck grunting behind. those rare days are what keeps me coming back for more.

This is going to be an exxcellent thread!

4. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    The preparation... Hands down. We all spend so much time and money to work for that one moment of releasing that arrow.

I absolutely love the early summer prep into fall. Monitoring what you potentially have a shot at in 3 or 4 months is so amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. kgtech

kgtech Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    thank you!

6. bowhunter448

bowhunter448 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I enjoy shooting whenever I want, as far as preparation for the season goes. But, the main reason I love archery is getting close is a challenge, and I'm always down to challenge myself.

7. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I think the perception is different depending on where you hunt. Most of us bow hunters in Minnesota get to shoot 1 arrow a year at a deer. Think about that all the scouting, plot work, prep etc to get 1 shot a year.

8. Worzeth

Worzeth Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    For me it's the count down of the days until the season starts (96) and the shooting my bow every Tuesday all year long. The excitement and not being able to sleep the night before opening day and that opening day sit.

9. BukFvr21

BukFvr21 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    The preparation: putting in food plots, finding new stands/access routes, 3d shoots. Anticipation: running trail cameras figuring out what bucks made it through the season, coming up with a game plan to get one on the ground, and then sitting in the stands waiting on that 30 seconds of glory to come strolling by!

10. tc racing

tc racing Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    just reading these few posts is starting to get me pumped!

11. kb1785

kb1785 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I agree about the preparation. I generally know where deer are, I rarely put out cameras during the summer but I do obsess over stand placement, what tree is best, this trail, that trail and on and on. The comradery with my hunting buddies and joking around with them leading up to the season. Then when its time to finally get in the stand and the deer start wondering by and you see THE one and your heart starts pounding in your ears, your breathing becomes rapid and your knees begin to shake. Well my friends that is what it is all about to me. Enjoying nature, my friends and the thrill of the hunt.

12. Swamp Stalker

Swamp Stalker Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    For me it's fooling a deers nose!!! Whether it's using ozonics or showering myself with nose jammer, depends on how serious I will be hunting that day!

Lol but seriously for me one of my favorite things is going to Illinois. It's an adventure from the start of the 21 hour drive, till I pull back in my driveway 8 days later

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. early in

early in Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    For me, the best part of Archery season is THE RUT!!!!! I live for it. lol

14. Jeepwillys

Jeepwillys Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Cool crisp mornings with no interruptions, except for nature interacting with each other, Whether i see a deer or not. Just being out and being able to unwind and enjoying.

15. TheChurchArchers

TheChurchArchers Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I love this time of year for prep work like you all are saying putting in all the plots and stands love it. But when the season rolls around its just getting up in the tree and being at that peace. Listening to all Gods creation talking, the cool breeze blowing, and just the memories made on every hunt good or bad. I love it all honestly and even more so when I get to do it with my family and friends.

16. grommel

grommel Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    The whole season!! Just not being at work, relaxing on the stand is what does it for me. Filling my tag or not doesnt matter, its just being out there that makes it well worth the time sitting ! Really, cant beat it for anything!!

17. Suncrest08

Suncrest08 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    For me it's all the hard work and prep year round leading up to the season. The cool crisp mornings and all day sits add up, the mental strain to keep positive And motivated to stay the extra hr or walk the extra mile back in on out of state hunts on public land. All for that moment when you hear that stick snap or that unforgettable sound of a buck walking steadily. Just the possibility of not knowing what will and can show up during every hunt and the rut. Good luck this season all!!

18. Spear

Spear Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    For me it's the serenity of peace and quiet. That quiet crisp overcast morning when the leaves are half on the ground and half on the trees, turkey gobbling from their roost off in the distance and the bucks start chasing. As Donnie Vincent put it, it's not just a passion or hobby, it's who I am. Hunting is something I have to do.

19. bloodcrick

bloodcrick Moderator/BHOD Prostaff

Dislikes Received:
    Its simply the unknown for me. That moment when a Buck you have never laid eyes on comes in, shooter or no shooter! I love seeing that, I hunt very large tracks of timber, tracking individule bucks is almost impossable. The Buck in my Avatar is an exception, I have a brief encounter the previous year in the very late season, found his sheds and killed him the following season! Didnt even know it was him until I walked up on him!

20. Jacob1

Jacob1 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    My favorite part is just sitting in the tree. Maybe I should build a tree house.