Safety Harness recommendations

Discussion in 'Big Game Hunting' started by steintp5052, Jun 24, 2015.

1. steintp5052

steintp5052 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    hey everyone. Hope all is going well this summer.

Just wondering what safety harness you would recommend and why? Im 6' 5" and skinny and and dont know if thats a problem with some harnesses or not.

Do you like straps under your layers? or vest over layers? or so on. And what brand do you prefer?
    Also what lifelines do you use?

--THANKS

2. ShaneB22

ShaneB22 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I like the big game diamondback. I prefer it over my base layers but under my outer layers. As for your height, I don't think it would be a problem. I'm not 100% positive it will fit, but more than likely it will.

3. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    You can't go wrong with HSS! I use the HSS Ultralite harness. It fits over my hunting clothes and is very lightweight. I wear it all season long. It is great in the early season when it is really hot! It easily fits over my cold weather hunting clothes too. I have an older one I use when I am hanging treestands and climbing sticks. Also get the Lifeline too if you are going to be hunting from a loc-on stand. I have one at every treesstand I have hung. I hope this helps! :tu:

4. Eatonantlers

Eatonantlers Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I use a HSS. They come in different sizes but the one I use has adjustable straps so I fit it to me. I like wearing mine under my hunting coat but over my hunting pants. Height shouldn't matter, I'd order based on your shirt size.
    HSS has safety lines in 3 packs that are reasonably priced i.e. cheaper than a funeral ;) Here in Michigan I have a safety line at all of my stands. http://www.amazon.com/Hunter-Safety...36379197&sr=8-8&keywords=hunter+safety+system
    MUDDY, or whatever they're called now, also makes great harnesses.
    On a side note, if you're going to be using multiple safety lines and want to save a few dollars, you can by tree climers rope (doesn't stretch) and rope to make your own prussic knots. I use Sherrill Tree Supply http://www.sherrilltree.com/rigging...&utm_campaign=YB_Branded_Sherrilltree.com_BMM

Last edited: Jul 8, 2015
  5. Jeepwillys

Jeepwillys Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I purchased last year ScentBlockers Spider web Outfitter. Best harness ever IMO. No confusion in the dark what goes where. Complete Package. Check them out. You won't regret it, they're very comfortable no straps riding up where they don't belong. If i ever fall I don't want something getting caught between the strap and my leg! LOL

6. doepatrol2000

doepatrol2000 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I bought a HSS Ultralite-Flex yesterday at the Deer Expo for $75. My dad bought a HSS Ultralite Blackout for $50. We love them!!