Should I get the No cam?????????

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by Marcus LaVallee_007, Jun 24, 2015.

1. Marcus LaVallee_007

Marcus LaVallee_007 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I currently have a Mathews Creed XS and love it, but yesterday I was at my local archery country getting some arrows and an employee caught me holding a no cam HTR. He immediately grabbed one of my draw length, grabbed a release and put it in my hands, of course then I proceeded to shoot it. I DID IT AGAIN, I GOT SEDUCED JUST LIKE I DID WITH THE CREED. I have been telling myself to wait till I grow out of my creed before I get it. But I don't think im gonna grow and inch before archery season. I want to hear from some htr owners if it is worth it. I am a tree stand hunter, i appreciate anything you can give me! Thanks, oh and also, im not worried about the price, just exclude that.

2. kurveball18

kurveball18 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    It really comes down to personal preference. I know the Creed XS was a very popular bow when it came out but I have never shot it so I don't really know much about it. I went from a Hoyt Turbohawk to the Mathews HTR and to this day i'm glad I did. Their are a lot of guys on here that have the HTR that love it but their are a few that do not like it as well just like any other bow.

Either way its a great bow. If you like your Creed XS and it works for you then you don't have to change unless you just want to get the latest bow this year.

3. roadrunner

roadrunner Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yep - if you like it at the store, you'll like it at home and in the stand. Nothing at all wrong with the No Cam, nothing at all.

4. SCFox

SCFox Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I love the way the bow shoots. For me, it's the best bow I've shot at long distance.

SCFox

5. Dunn County

Dunn County Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
  6. frantzracing0

frantzracing0 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Only you can answer that question. I went into the shop expecting to walk out with one and honestly......I HATED IT. I love mathews bows and have owned quite a few. It just stacked up weird to me, felt jumpy with the 75% and mushy with the 85% mods. It just didnt fit me. On the other hand, my father is shooting one and thinks its the best bow thats ever been produced.

7. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    No ...

8. maxpetros

maxpetros Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    X2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Drivingtacks

Drivingtacks Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have been asking myself this same question. My dad shot one and said it was incredible. I have not yet been able to shoot one :(

10. Longstriker

Longstriker Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I love my HTR. image.jpg It's the best bow that I've owned. Very stable, accurate, super quite, and very dead in the hand. As has been stated before its all up to personal preference, but the HTR's ease of tuning, solid construction, and accuracy is what sold me on the Mathews NO Cam. I believe the HTR is one of those touchstone advancements that will progress compound bow technology. Just my $0.02.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 30, 2015
  11. Dunlap

Dunlap Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Its up to u. I made the switch this year from the faktor turbo to the htr. I shoot it hands down better than my hoyt and I'm glad I made the switch. I'd recommend shooting it more and making a decision from what u think.