Tactacam ..... your thoughts/ video example

Discussion in 'Videography & Photography' started by Creeks, Jun 23, 2015.

1. Creeks

Creeks Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Just don't know if I should try one of these or not....anyone use one, any thoughts about it please...
    Thanks for your effort and time
    Creeks!

2. Bootlegger

Bootlegger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    My buddy has one.....works very well.

Sent from my XT830C

3. Creeks

Creeks Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for the reply
    Creeks!

4. hornhunter

hornhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Have had one for the last 2 seasons and they are Awesome !!!

5. Creeks

Creeks Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Question, what about the shot.....is there a lot of vibration on it.....and does it look like the deer is miles away, is there a narrow view by default...etc....Thanks for any help....
    Creeks!

6. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I'm not speaking from experience as I haven't used one yet, but I have looked at them extensively and currently have one on it's way to our office for use this fall. So here's what I know and have seen in example videos.

Yes, there is some vibration on the shot. However it's far less than you get from just about any other POV camera on the market. The Tactacam was specifically designed to be mounted on weapons that were being shot so stabilization was a big item they focused on. Watch through some example footage on YouTube - it's pretty impressive.

The lens on the camera is not a fish eye like you'd see on a GoPro other POV cameras so the animal doesn't look like it's a mile away. Again, that is by design. The camera was built to film hunts and they realized hunters want to actually see the animal being shot.

I'll be doing a comprehensive review on the product along with example footage as soon as my camera arrives so look for that in the next 1-2 weeks.

7. coheley665

coheley665 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    PM me your email and I can send you a video from a tactacam.

8. Creeks

Creeks Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks Man
    Creeks!

9. wags1

wags1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Same as what coheley665 said, send me a pm with your email and I can show you several videos from the past couple seasons as I am a dealer for them and use them extensivily......

10. bloodcrick

bloodcrick Moderator/BHOD Prostaff

Dislikes Received:
    I cant wait to try it out, will have one on the way soon. There waterproof when using proper attachments so Im wanting to get some under water Giant Asian big head footage with an arrow in him! Cant wait to try it on a hunt as well this fall!

11. LightTheFireOutdoorsAaron

LightTheFireOutdoorsAaron Newb

Dislikes Received:
    A little late for the reply here, but I just found this site. Tactacam is a rock solid hunting camera that will not disappoint. It is awesome for gun or bow because the lens actually has 60 different focal points so the vibration does not affect the video. It comes with two caps so you can make it completely water proof (I have video of fish under water) and the other cap allows for the built in mic to pic up sound. I have recorded with mine as a second angle for b reel and the mic pics up my conversational tone at 10 feet! The camera has two modes: video (1080p or 720p w/2x zoom) and still mode.
    The stills are HD quality. I put the water proof cap on when I took it to VA beach with my mom and brother who were visiting and got some great jelly fish stills as well as sunset ocean stills. The cold water didn't seem to phase the camera either.
    One of my favorite things about the Tactacam is that it comes ready to hunt and attach to your gear out of the box. There is no need to have to go buy a secondary expensive mount for your camera. The three mounts that come with it are awesome for multiple configurations of the camera on your gear to add to the flexibility of this camera for every hunting scenario.
    I have attached my Tactacam 2.0 to every gun I have, my bow, and even my lawn mower and kayak with the mounts that come with it! This thing is the real deal.

Good luck

12. Creeks

Creeks Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks Man, that is what I was wanting to hear...Thanks for getting back to me, it's never to late to reply....I really appreciate that info....
    Creeks

13. LightTheFireOutdoorsAaron

LightTheFireOutdoorsAaron Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Absolutely! I had a really rough season this year with a move from Iowa to Virginia. Lets just say it was a wake up call to how much effort some places in the country require in terms of ground work to get a shot. Another benefit of the Tactacam is that it is attached to your gun or bow already facing your target so in a quick decision moment all you have to do is push the button, take aim, and wait 1 second for the vibration and you and your camera are on target.

Looking forward to applying all of the lessons I learned in the field last season to hopefully filling a tag this year along with a few new hunting areas on military installations.

14. Creeks

Creeks Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I hear ya...I'm From Virginia, and I have a buddy here that goes to Iowa to hunt....LOL, big difference.

15. Gonehuntin

Gonehuntin Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I have been using them for quite awhile now and compared to all the other POVS they are second to none. Go Pro has a wide variety of menus, but if you actually want to see the animal you are hunting then Tactacam is way to go.