Broken limb

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Bryan Jeffrey, Jun 22, 2015.

1. Bryan Jeffrey

Bryan Jeffrey Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I dont understand how this happened. Iv treated my bow great. And now i have to drive all the way to bass pro shop so they can look at it to "see if its been dry fired, then send it to bear" aka to stiff me on my warranty.
    Does anyone know what a broken dry fired limb looks like so i can tell them to shove it up there a$$ when they tell me the warranty is void.

photo.jpg

2. Jeffrey Jones

Jeffrey Jones Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Tbh if its been dry fired there may or may not be noticeable evidence of it honestly imo bear bows are notorious for limbs breaking/cracking or even the finish chipping depending on the model ultimately causes the limbs to break I had a bear legion 2013 do the same thing urs did it was never dry fired an it was a flared limb just like the one in ur pic

Last edited: Jun 22, 2015
  3. Bryan Jeffrey

Dislikes Received:
    Im just concerned that bass pro is going to try and say that I dry fired it. Because I was at full draw when the limb broke.

4. Matt/TN

Matt/TN Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Give them a chance to help you out before you get defensive about the situation. If you go in with the attitude that they're going to "screw you" they'll probably pick up on it and take it wrong. Bear is very good about fixing their stuff. I just sent a bow to Bear that HAD been dry fired and they fixed it. There's no way in this world to prove 100% one has or has not been dry fired.

Give Bass Pro a chance to help you out. They deal with warranty bows on almost a daily basis, they're there to help YOU (the customer) out. I know some Bass Pro Shops are better than others, that goes for any shop, or place of business.

On a side note, I have seen several on Bear's limbs do this same thing. They have terrible limbs and finishes on their bows. FYI, there's a better than average chance, you will get a set of black limbs back. Not camo.

Also, how did you get the limb off?

Last edited: Jun 22, 2015
  5. SCFox

SCFox Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I agree with Matt. Bear typically has good customer service. I've seen more than a few Bear limbs crack like that, none of them were from a dry fire. I'm sure BP will handle it correctly.

SCFox

6. Bryan Jeffrey

Dislikes Received:
    Thank you matt. Im just very upset about the situation. Bear season opens in just over a month. and at the bass pro by my house. I, and a friend have had nothing but problems. i think i will just call bear archery and try to see if i can send my limbs to them, and cut out the middle man. maybe get a new paint job on the riser while i wait.

7. Jeffrey Jones

Dislikes Received:
    All bear is gonna tell u as that u need to have it examined by a bear dealer so ur best bet is to jus take it to a licensed bear dealer an let them work there mojo all bears limbs are warranted an there gonna send those black limbs

8. Bryan Jeffrey

Dislikes Received:
    I spoke with the great people at Bear Archery. they said i have two options. Mail it to Bear, and they will fix it. OR take it to a dealer, and have them fix it. They said taking it to a dealer is much quicker. So I took it to Bass Pro Shop today. and they are sending the order out first thing in the morning. So going out there today was a good call. the bad news is they said it will take about 4 weeks before its ready.

9. Jeffrey Jones

Dislikes Received:
    Thats how long they took on the legion unfortunately I don't have it anymore but before I sold it had a brand new set of the all black limbs hope things work out for u in 4 weeks man it sucks to be without ur bow that long

10. Bryan Jeffrey

Dislikes Received:
    Yea the guy told be that its nothing compared to crossbows which take about 6 months. i havent gone without shooting my bow for more than a day in the last 7 months. so i will be going a bit crazy. haah. its ok though. We are about 7 weeks out from Bear season. so it looks like everything will work out.

11. Jeffrey Jones

Dislikes Received:
    Thats gud man good luck this season

12. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    It takes them 4 weeks to replace a product that has been prone to failure? I would be pissed and would tell them so.

13. Matt/TN

Matt/TN Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    The ONLY way it should take 4 weeks is if they don't take care of it right away, which is easy for that to happen. Especially with archery business picking up. Check back with them in a couple days just to see how the progress is. If they have to send it back to Bear, which is doubtful, it could take in the 3 week turnaround range. We have only had to send a couple back to the factory. If they just send out limbs, which is the more likely option, you could be up and running in 2 weeks or less if they take care of it in a timely fashion. All it takes on their part is a phone call. I'm also about 99% sure you will get your bow back with black limbs as well.

14. Bootlegger

Bootlegger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hopefully, it won't take too long.

Sent from my XT830C

15. maxpetros

maxpetros Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I agree. However I think his limbs are already black.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk