SC church shooting

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by virginiashadow, Jun 18, 2015.

1. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I don't know about you guys but as I get older, tragic events like the South Carolina church shooting get to me. I somehow feel like myself and other men in this country have let our country down by not doing more. I don't even know how to explain it. I am not sure what I am trying to say other than I wish I could have prevented that shooting or could have by the grace of God been put down there with a gun and shot that son of ***** dead before he could have hurt those beautiful people.

I am telling that shooting hurts man. To see all the pictures of the dead and to read their stories rips my heart out.

F that little bastard Dylann Roof. I wish him a quick death.

2. kb1785

kb1785 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Been really depressed about this also. This senseless, despicable act perpetrated upon innocent victims is abhorrent to me. I pray for the victims families that they will be comforted at some point in time of the grief and hurting that they are feeling now. I can only hope that this little piece of trash gets all the justice that he deserves.

3. ultramax

ultramax Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    lots more to this case. I hope some serous thought goes into what went wrong

4. TEmbry

TEmbry Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I will never be able to comprehend the hate and racism and violence that still persists today... We certainly aren't BORN that way, at what point in life do we go so astray?!

5. Lady Liberty

Lady Liberty Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I cried. What have we come to?

You are right Embry... it is taught at some point. My Mom took the time to teach me that EVERYONE is equal in God's eyes. When I went to school, I happen to live in the country... small town mostly white. We had a few black kids that attended school and they were just a apart of the class and very much loved and teased and picked on like the rest of us ridiculous teenagers.

Where the difference lies today (in my opinion) is what kids are taught in the public schools, music (rap) and what they see in the liberal media. With all of the technology and information out there, they are bombarded with "what to think, feel and do". They are not allowed to experience life and form their own opinions.

I heard this segment of Rush's show the other day and this sums it up in a nutshell... (that and having removed God from all bastion's of society).
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2015/06/17/liberal_guilt_produced_rachel_dolezal

6. ultramax

Dislikes Received:
    We just moved for work to Tupelo Ms. And it's alive and well and right out in the open here. Look at the state flag still has the confederate flag as part of the flag.

7. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I want to know who the idiot was that bought this kid a pistol as a gift, somebody had to know that this kid wasn't right.

8. ultramax

Dislikes Received:
    The idiot was his dad...
    Yep red flags coming in from all sides on the news this morning.

9. Bone Head Hunter

Bone Head Hunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Nope-- he bought the gun himself--- "Meek said during their reunion a few weeks ago, Roof told him that he had used birthday money from his parents to buy a .45-caliber Glock pistol and that he had "a plan."

10. greatwhitehunter3

greatwhitehunter3 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    And of course Obama and Hillary had to immediately turn a terrible situation into a "we need stricter gun laws" BS. Hardly had any sympathy for the situation at hand.

11. ultramax

Dislikes Received:
    So someone new the kid was off and no red flags got raised?

12. copperhead

copperhead Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Its amazing at the amount of cruelty man kind can inflict. We have no excuse as we "know" better. This is where "due process fails us all" There should be no trial only sentencing and I for one hope we dies a slow painful death, he does not deserve a swift clean one.

13. wisconsin bow hunter

wisconsin bow hunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    One has to wonder how much of this type of crap is brought on by the media... over playing certain news stories and telling part of the story... manipulating what information is given to the mainstream, that just drives some people to do stupid, selfish things like this to undeserving people. I know I for one, am so tired of turning on the news and hearing nothing but negative things going on, and very little about the good that goes on.

14. greatwhitehunter3

greatwhitehunter3 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Agreed.I watched The Kelly File with my grandparents when I stopped by for a visit last night but they refused to show the guy's face or reveal his name. Obviously every other news show had, but it was nice to see someone not show it.

15. TEmbry

TEmbry Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm one of the idiots who doesn't attach a racial undertone to the confederate flag. I have never sported one, but to me it's just being proud to be from the south.

That said, racial tensions are certainly alive and well in Mississippi, Alabama, etc. On BOTH sides of the fence.

16. dmen

dmen Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:

I wish him a painful and slow death. He is nothing but a coward.

17. kb1785

Dislikes Received:
    I thought one of the more emotional things that I have heard in a long while was testimony from the family members at the bond hearing. Most if not all of them spoke of forgiveness for him even though he had caused them irreparable harm and most of them hoped that he could find God through all of this and hoped that God would have mercy on his soul. Those testimonies touched me deeply and as a Christian I know I would struggle with forgiveness in the same situation. It shows the true character of the people in that church and community in coming together in this time instead of tearing each other apart as we have seen in other communities. Their behavior should be teaching this country a valuable lesson.

18. kb1785

Dislikes Received:
    Only been to Tupelo once but I would encourage you to visit the Tupelo Children's Mansion. My wife and I and our church has supported the great work that they do there with children that have lost their parents to death, drugs, prison, abandonment, etc. Everyone is not racist and I venture to say the vast majority are not. The Love of God reaches across racial boundries and binds people together in works like the Children's Mansion. It changes your life to see the things that they do there and racism/hate cannot exist where love and grace abounds.

19. ultramax

Dislikes Received:
    It's not the church group I worry about.

20. TheChurchArchers

TheChurchArchers Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I think what wow'ed me was after that so many people took a stand and even the families of those who died forgave the dude which took complete faith and thousands of people came to show there faith and support. That was beauty and love...