Hunting Clothing

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by m@rinebowhunter, Jun 15, 2015.

1. m@rinebowhunter

m@rinebowhunter Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I'm looking for a clothing system for hunting VA this season. I will need it from 60 degree days in the early season to single digits late season. Please help. I'm tired of all the BS clothes that either make me sweat like crazy or freeze. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Please include brand you recommend and specific clothes or layers. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. m@rinebowhunter

m@rinebowhunter Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Bump.

3. Keith Mako

Keith Mako Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I wear layers: light in the early season, and more layers as the season goes on. I keep a large jacket in my pack so I don't sweat to much. I wear long johns that are scent proof and keep the sweat off. I wear rubber boots early season and heavy boots in the later season. I stay comfortable for most of the time. When its too cold I sit for as long as I can. I get most of my cloths from walmart and ****s. I try to stay away from name brand and go cheap.

4. Bowhunter0132

Bowhunter0132 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Layers, layers, layers for cold weather. I always have on a base layer that is skin tight for ticks, then leafy camo for early season. I still sweat some, but rather sweat than get lymes. As the temps drop, I put on layers. Base layer, fleece and then layer over top.

5. Drivingtacks

Drivingtacks Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Layers is about the only way to combat temp changes. There really isn't a one and done system the has that temp range. I usually buy my camo a size bigger so when I need to put layers underneath there is plenty of room without being constrained.

6. sheddinva

sheddinva Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Haven't tried it but has anyone seen the Hex body suits? They show them doing some crazy stuff on tv with it but of course, its on tv so who really knows. Would like to hear about it if anyone has tried it.

7. m@rinebowhunter

m@rinebowhunter Newb

Dislikes Received:
    How do you guys go about layering your clothes then. And which company do you go with? I have scentlok now and they aren't that great for layering.

8. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    ^THIS^ Great advice!

9. Captn Kirk

Captn Kirk Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I hunt VA and this is the only way to go. I am also cheap some say frugal :lol: i look here and AT and e-bay for used gear i stay in the 50% or less than new price range. I get quality stuff at 1/2 the price. pick a brand or two and shop away Sitka sent lok Under armor ect