Arrow saw options

Discussion in 'DIY Archery & Hunting Projects' started by Thor3209, Jun 14, 2015.

1. Thor3209

Thor3209 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Looking to invest in an arrow saw and have done some searching on saws and reviews seem to be mixed on about everyone I have looked at. Leaning towards the apple pro. Didn't know if any of ya'll have had experience with it or any other ones on the market. Would love to hear some input

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

2. Matr138920

Matr138920 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Every arrow saw I have used is a piece of angle iron with measuring tape on it for length, but I don't trust it, I use a tape measure. On that there is a nock receiver,and most are set up to cut from the valley. And last is a beefed up version of a dremel with a fiber saw disk on it with a shelf to roll your arrow to cut it.

3. rick-florida

rick-florida Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    this is an old thread so you've probably already bought your arrow saw. since I only cut arrows every few years have no need for an arrow saw that will spend most of its life on a shelf unused. So I use a cutoff blade in one of my other tools, a dremel or zip saw, clamp it to a board and get a small piece of wood with a hole it for the nock and clamp that the correct distance at the other end of the board. put a new arrow nock in the hole in the small bock of wood and trim the arrows off on the blade. works great and saves the price of a saw. just wanted to pass it along.