Bear WhiteTail 2 Bow

Discussion in 'Intro to Bowhunting & Archery' started by georgiahunter31, Jun 13, 2015.

1. georgiahunter31

georgiahunter31 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hello guys I am new to this forum, actually just joined ..I was wanting to know if yall could help me out on some INFO on this BOW i got at a garage sell for cheap. All i know it is a BEAR WHITETAIL 2 and i heard some likes / and dislikes about this bow from google.. I just got it to shoot and practice with it around the house with the Wife...I know i got to have new strings but everything else looks ok for all i am gonna be doing with it..I was wandering a few things on this bow.. It has small black things holding the inside strings with the letters A,B,C, and E on it/. Could ya tell me what that is for.Sorry a newbie here.I am throwing up some pics of it , yall let me know what ya think about this bow if i got a deal or not. I paid $20 bucks for it. thanks Mitch from South GA oh and also do anyone know what the draw weight is on this bow?

Attached Files:

2. 60X Custom Strings

60X Custom Strings Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Those 'discs' are used to adjust the bow. A string will be easy to find but if the cables need replaced it may be tough to find someone who still builds them.

3. georgiahunter31

georgiahunter31 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    thank you much brother for your comment, it looks to be hard to get help on here .. thank you much/./. do you know the draw weight on this bow? is it maybe 60lbs.

4. The Old Man

The Old Man Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    My guess is that bow was new in late 70 s or very early 80s. Not near as much letoff as newer bows but that model killed a lot of deer in it's day. The disc is for settig/changing the draw weight. They came in a couple different draw weight ranges with 60 being the most common back then. This is all from memory so no guarantees on accuracy of this info. That's a long time ago. You might be able to google a manual.

5. Keith Mako

Keith Mako Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    That is an old bow. I think a lot of the old timers will tell you what you need to know. Bring it to a local shop and see what they have to say about the bow. Sorry not much help and welcome.