Todd's property problem

Discussion in 'Bowhunt or Die® - Web Show' started by _andrewgiles_sio, Jun 12, 2015.

1. _andrewgiles_sio

_andrewgiles_sio Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    This is why I love BHOD! They are completely out there doing it, just like we are! Don't find that on very many other shows, if any!

2. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Yep. The whole team is made up of everyday hunters like you and I. They always show you the Ups and Downs of deer hunting. As real as it gets.

3. Michael.herb

Michael.herb Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The raw emotions from it are great too. Such a great show with down to earth truths and aspects for every hunter to relate too.

4. tc racing

tc racing Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    not to be nosey but why did todd lose his property? bummer! I know what he is going through. one time I lost mine 2 days before our opener. went to my back up spot and wacked a big one on my first sit!

5. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    To be honest as a property owner who in the past has let hunters hunt my property, I resent when a person who hunts there calls it their property, or they lost their farm. Anyone who gets to hunt another's property even if they lease it they are enjoying it while paying a mere fraction of what it cost. Guess what you own the land you get to call the shots. I am sure that some will think Sota is being a Richard again but nobody gave me my land I worked hard to earn the money to buy it, I work hard to maintain and continue to pay for it. Rant over.

6. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    It was sold.

7. t8rsalad

t8rsalad Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Our farmer decided to lease our property for more money a week before gun season two years ago. Next day, we pulled our stands and did the hail mary play of going door to door on a Sunday to find land. One knock led to a call which lead to us hanging stands. A week and a day later, I put down my biggest buck at the time. Last year, topped that on the same property. I think we've had 5 different properties over the last 10 years do this to us. Someone always comes in with more money. Just part of the game. However, since we keep good relationships with the farmers, most make a call and vouch for us if needed.

8. Jeepwillys

Jeepwillys Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    That sucks to loose a property. t8r, thats the way to do it, always bow out gracefully, you never know when it will pay off, or even get a chance back at the same property because of your actions.

9. tc racing

Dislikes Received:
    thanks for the reply Justin.

10. tc racing

Dislikes Received:
    I don't think any hunter actually thinks it is their property. it is a figure of speech. and if you lease property, depending on how the contract is written the landowner just might be relinquishing their right to their own property. I had a lease once and I had it written that the landowner was to stay out from aug1 through june 1. I was also taking on the responsibility of the property. if anyone came in and cut a valuable tree it was on me to pay for it. needless to say it became to stressful to have those responsibilities because of people sneaking in all the time. now I just hunt public. seems to be more deer on public in my area anyway.

11. _andrewgiles_sio

_andrewgiles_sio Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Pretty sure that has nothing to do with the topic...I wasn't asking for opinions.

Sent from my LG-D500 using Tapatalk