Dellavendova

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by NY Bowhunter, Jun 10, 2015.

1. NY Bowhunter

NY Bowhunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I don't watch too much NBA (other than the Finals). But, I love the way this kid plays. Leaving it all on the court is an understatement. Not the most talented of NBA players, but the dude causes havoc for the Warriors. He definitely doesn't shy away from the moment. I thought the Cavs were toast heading into the Finals. REALLY thought they didn't have a prayer when Irving went down. Interesting series. They could be up 3-0. Curry looks like a deer caught in headlights. And it doesn't hurt having the freak of nature Lebron going absolute beast mode.

2. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Curry nearly single handedly made the Warriors overcome that 20 point deficit though in the 4th...he plays like that the whole game it is a whole different story.

I don't like the Cavs at all personally, I am not a fan of Lebron personally (but admit he is a freak of a player and one of the once in a lifetime kind)....but Deli has my support. The dude spends every ounce of energy he has and leaves nothing left...rare rare thing this day and age in NBA.

3. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Did you hear Deli had to have IVs and taken to the hospital to recover from last nights game...geesh.

4. Spear

Spear Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm not sure why ESPN and the media said LeBron didn't have a good supporting cast in Cleveland. JR Smith, Iman Shumpert, Timofey Mozgov, and Tristan Thompson are a much better crew than LeBron had the last time he made the finals with the Cavs. That was even before Dellavedova went off who has played lights out defense and hustle. Throughout the season of course he had Kyrie Irving and Kevin Love, who arguably make a better big 3 than he was part of in Miami but I thought it was a bit discrediting not to think the guys starting now weren't good.

I just hope Delly can keep it up, the Warriors are going to play Lee which will change how the Cavs guard Curry. The good part about that is LeBron can tear Lee up when on offense. These games are giving me a heart attack at the end every time. This will be huge for the city of Cleveland if they can pull it off.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2015
  5. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Big fan of this finals fun to watch, LeBron with his ability to guard every position on the court and score and facilitate makes him a step above Jordan.

6. Spear

Spear Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I think LeBron still lacks the killer instinct and he played in a different time where if he thinks he is fouled all the time now (which I think he often is), he would have been fouled even more back in the late 80s and early 90s. I know some will say that didn't matter but also look at Jordan's championship record, number of Finals MVPs, his defensive ability, and number of years as a scoring leader. They are all ahead of LeBron and he didn't even play a few years during his prime. So being that he is ahead of LeBron on virtually every stat in terms of honors/awards and championships, it's hard to argue against Jordan still being better.

7. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Jordan had Rodman and Pippen, what bron bron is doing this playoff in unprecedented. Plus at 260 pounds Lebron could take more contact than MJ. Jordan could not cover centers or power forwards.

8. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    That reasoning almost could be used to argue MJ shouldn't have been able to do all the things and titles and records he did....if Lebron is better :) (just playing devil's advocate)

9. Spear

Spear Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It's a debate for sure, there is definitely support for both sides.

10. NY Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah the Lebron vs. Jordan debate might have some merit. Time will tell and the numbers will fall where they fall. One thing nobody will convince me of is anyone (maybe in the history of sports) has the "it" factor that Jordan had. That competitive edge and killer instinct that is an intangible and can't be taught. Tiger Woods in his prime maybe..

11. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Guess who has more game winning shots at the same points in their career? Either way both players are all time greats.

12. Cooter/MN

Cooter/MN Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    If LeBron had a good supporting cast he wouldn't be taking 35 shots a game in the finals. Their only chance is if he carries the team on his back which he has been doing.

13. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Could Jordan have won if Pippen and Rodman were out injured, we will never know for sure. First finals Lebron was in he had not yet honed his skills and added the outside shot.

14. NY Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Who knows? Those Bulls teams sure did have a lot more of a supporting cast. Another debate is if Jordan made them who they were. What Lebron is doing in the Finals is crazy! Yeah, he has some decent help around him. But, I wouldn't be filling a dream team around who is on the starting roster. He's pretty much thrown the franchise on his back and going off. And his teammates are responding to his lead.

15. Spear

Spear Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Not really, the Cavs had 3 other people with double digit points in game 3 and 2 other people with double digit points in game 2. LeBron doesn't HAVE to shoot that many, he just is. Without Thompson getting around 10 boards a game, Mozgov getting boards and putting up points, and JR Smith and Dellavedova getting a few 3 pointers each then he would be screwed. I think people are really overlooking the rest of the team.

EDIT: Now that's not to say he isn't a big part in creating those points and lifting up the team, but doesn't any good team have a clear leader?

Last edited: Jun 10, 2015
  16. NY Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    ?

Dude.... it's all Lebron. Some players have double digit points? Well that's good. If that wasn't the case that would mean Lebron would have to be scoring around 70 - 80 points a game. There's some nice complimentary role players. Bottom line is.. you put the Cavs team with any other superstar in the NBA and they would be playing golf right now. Everyone else on the Cavs is just OK. As a team and under Lebrons leadership they are pretty remarkable.

17. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Either way the finals are fun to watch got to give credit where credit is due exciting games that you have to watch till the end. Lebron is an amazing talent and what he has brought back to Cleveland is priceless. It is not Curry's time just yet he will learn to deal with contact away from the ball and get open and make the shot.

18. TEmbry

TEmbry Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Lebron lost the rest of his entire starting line up essentially and is leading the NBA Finals against a team with one of the best records in a long time. If he pulls this off (I still think GS wins it personally), it will erase any and all silly talk about Lebron having to have a stacked deck to win it all. (Which is a dumb argument when arguing in favor of Jordan because Jordan had Pippen a top 50 all time player and Rodman an absolute bulldog).

This has been the best finals series in a decade IMO. Hopefully the games continue the way the first 3 have played out to the wire.

19. ShaneB22

ShaneB22 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I agree with you but I want the warriors to take the series. My guess is warriors 4-3 if Curry can get his shot with dellavedova all over him. It will definitely be a close one.

20. NY Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I also enjoy how Blatt is on the sideline pretending that he's coaching something.:lol: