Small diameter arrows

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Darin.mickelson, Jun 2, 2015.

1. Darin.mickelson

Darin.mickelson Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I'm in the market for some small diameter arrows. I've been told East on makes the best ones but I wanted to do my research before purchasing. Does anyone have knowledge on the best small diameter arrows? If it helps I shoot the Mathews no cam with a 28" draw length and a 65lb draw weight.

2. FullTimeKiller

FullTimeKiller Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have used the easton full metal jackets for I believe 3 seasons now maybe 4 and I love them. It's nice how they are small dia arrows but are also heavy. They pack a punch and to be honest I have had a passthru on ever single animal I've shot, so that tells me they work perfect. There are lots of small diameter arrows on the market now a days but I can't seem to try out any of the other ones because I simply love what the FMJs have done for me and I don't plan on switching. I use the standerd FMJs, however if I was in the market for new arrows I would go with the deep six FMJs. The only reason I haven't switched is because I have too many standard size broadheads that won't fit the deep six inserts and I still have a couple dozen FMJs for now.

3. jjs3

jjs3 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Another vote for FMJ's, I have the deep six injexion and while they're pricey they're worth it.

4. Longstriker

Longstriker Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Darin, your shooting the same bow with the same draw weight and draw length as I do. I'm really happy with the Victory VAP.166 Elite V1's. Victory not only makes the arrows, but they also produce the raw carbon that goes into the VAP's, so the consistency in the manufacturing process is second to none. There's a lot of great arrows to choose from, but for a micro diameter arrow the VAPS's are my choice.

5. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Are you looking for a micro diameter or small diameter? Many micro's require an outsert which I do not like. I am a huge Easton/Beman fan. I have been using Easton Bloodlines since 2012 and sent they same arrow through 2 deer last fall and it is still good to go, but they are an 'H' size. That is smaller but not micro. I just bought some standard size Beman ICS Hunter Pro's for my new bow, we'll see if I stay with them or go to something else. I also really like the FMJ's and will probably buy them if I decide the Beman's aren't for me.

6. ShaneB22

ShaneB22 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    The deep six fmj by Easton is one of the best. Or Gold Tip kinetics for a all carbon arrow.

7. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I shoot the Easton Injexion Deep Six FMJs and they are amazing arrows. I also still use the regular FMJs. The Injexions are smaller in diameter than the regular FMJs, but not by much. The both fly really well and hit hard. I have had a pass through on every deer I have shot with both arrows.

8. dthbyhoyt

dthbyhoyt Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I am shooting the V.A.P. v1 arrows , really like them , fly awesome , hit hard . Some folks don't like the outsert idea , I do , the outsert is slightly larger than the arrow meaning it is making a larger hole for the arrow to slip through .

9. Darin.mickelson

Darin.mickelson Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I've heard good things about the VAP's and they aren't too pricey I've heard.

10. dthbyhoyt

dthbyhoyt Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    They will cost around $140.00 a dozen plus outserts

11. Darin.mickelson

Darin.mickelson Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I've heard good things about the VAP's and they aren't too pricey I've heard.

12. ThomasN

ThomasN Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I shoot Easton Axis arrows have now for 3 years and love them.

13. nwmono

nwmono Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Been using Easton Axis the last few years. Have been very pleased with them. You might give them a try.

14. TheHardWoods913

TheHardWoods913 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Agree...I shoot Kinetics and think they're great! Nice small diameter arrow that is a heavy hitter for sure!

15. Darin.mickelson

Darin.mickelson Newb

Dislikes Received:
    So I think I've narrowed my search down. From reviews I've read and videos on penetration power I'm thinking of a few choices. The Victory VAP's, easton deep six xd's, goldtip kinetic kaos or the Victory RIP's...thoughts anyone?

16. kurveball18

kurveball18 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I shoot the No Cam as well and i'm using the Easton Axis with no issues. I haven't tried any of the other arrows out there. To be honest you really cant go wrong with any of the name brand arrows out there like Easton, CX, Gold Tip, Etc. They all make fantastic arrows, so it really comes down to personal preference as far as what arrow weight you want etc. Once you know what weight you want to be at then you can start narrowing down your arrow choice.