Anyone ever use a Rivers Edge ladder stand?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Spear, May 29, 2015.

1. Spear

Spear Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I came across this ladder stand which would be good for my small property but I've never used any of their products. We do a lot of scouting throughout the summer since it's so easy to do on 9 acres so we don't move stands very often, or at all, during the season. I was looking to add a new stand location this year that my brother in law or friend can hunt from and I could film them, or vice versa. Currently any filming we do is self-filming but it would be nice to film each other to take off the burden of self-filming all the time. I came across this 19' 2 person ladder stand. What's intriguing is that it's not the typical side by side single 2 person seat, it's actually setup similar to what you'd do with hang on stands or climbers where the seats are angled apart. Anyone ever use any of their products?

http://www.huntriversedge.com/foundations/store/shopdetail.asp?params=RE636*132**2-MAN_BOWMAN_

http://forums.bowhunting.com/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=11

2. uncljohn

uncljohn Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I got the Bigfoot XL hangon last year, only thing is it started rusting at weld spots after about 3 months in the woods so make sure you hit it with some rustoleum before you put it out. I've had a Big Game stand out for 6 years with zero rust anywhere.

3. Spear

Spear Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Ok cool, good idea on the rustoleum, thanks. Yep, we have 3 different Big Game stands out there that have stayed out all year long for 5 years with no issues as well so I can attest to that as well. In fact, it probably wouldn't hurt to touch them all up to keep them going.

4. ksWThntr

ksWThntr Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have a 15' basic rivers edge stand and I love it. Also have the big foot boss hang on that I don't use , and a big game ladder stand that's great too.

5. Rick James

Rick James Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I had a bunch of them at my place in PA. They are as good as any other cheapo ladder stand. Nothing special IMHO but a great price.

6. C0wb0yChris

C0wb0yChris Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have 3 Bigfoot XL hang-ons and 3 15' ladder stands. I've had 2 of the 3 ladders stands for near 10 years (they've been out since I bought them). All the rest of the stands are between 2-3 years old. They also sit out year around. All stands are holding up great. I'll swap out bolts next year on the hang ons (they're starting to rust) but other than that, a little oil and that's it.

For the money, you can't beat them. I don't move stands very much so I don't care about weight.

7. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I have not had the stand you are talking about but all the River's Edge stands I've had have been very good and lasted a long time.

8. henson59

henson59 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    We have 2 Oasis ladder stands and 1 jumbo jack. We have had these the oasis stands out for 2 years and they are doing great. The Jumbo has only been out a year. I think they have a very comfortable seat and seem to be very durable.

9. ChuckC

ChuckC Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have an older R/E ladder stand we've killed some nice bucks out of over the years. Best part about it is it's comfy and sturdy. Like the others mentioned, hit it up with Rustoleum on all the welds and anywhere a bolt goes through.

10. Spear

Spear Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome, thanks guys. I think I'll take a look at this stand then.

11. FEB

FEB Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Seems like a lot of money for what you get. I would put 2 nice $100 stands on the same tree and save $100 :tu:

12. wildernessninja

wildernessninja Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Had a pack n stack stand from them.used it the first two yrs I bow hunted.it was a nice stand just sucked packing it in and out of public hunting grounds. Might put some sort of soft tape were the pins go in ssometims they clanked climing up.

13. wi p&y

wi p&y Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I just use the cheapest one i can find then modify. Usually can find the basic rivers edge stands on sale cheap. Then i do this. Make seat fold and extend platform.
    uploadfromtaptalk1433330760632.jpg