climber diy

Discussion in 'DIY Archery & Hunting Projects' started by Bernie Atkinson, May 29, 2015.

1. Bernie Atkinson

Bernie Atkinson Newb

Dislikes Received:
    looking at climbers recently whilst sitting on a black metal folding 9.99 chair and with a bolt replacement and an addition of a platform and a couple scrap pieces of metal im going to attempt to build my own for under 40 bux ill post pics of the steps i took to completion,the chair is9.99 x 2 platform and bracing free cables 10 bux

2. Spear

Spear Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    EDIT: Please no.

Building your own climber with a folding lawn chair is a terrible idea. If you do anyway, please use a safety harness. I honestly don't see how this could result in something worth hunting from. Your life is worth more than the few hundred bucks it costs to buy a climber.

Last edited: May 29, 2015
  3. Rick James

Rick James Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Please strap yourself in. If you lived closer I'd give you an old one for $40.

4. MGH_PA

MGH_PA Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    This is such a terrible idea, I don't know where to begin, so I'll just go with what Spear said. Please give this a second thought.

5. Bernie Atkinson

Bernie Atkinson Newb

Dislikes Received:
    its not a lawn chair fellas trust me when i say its a very sturdy chair made of what id guess to be what is presently being used within the industry , i value my life and if i thought it was haphazard it would be a no go i will post pics of the process i use and than test it at very safe heights before proceeding ty for the warnings concerns but common sense is a major factor , honestly its very sturdily built, not to mention i weigh 140 lbs .with a strap on safety harness as well again ty for being concerned as am i.

Last edited: May 29, 2015
  6. Bowhunter0132

Bowhunter0132 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry Bernie, but I have to agree with everyone else that this is a bad idea. The chair may be sturdy, but any welds that you do, the straps that you use, ect, may not be as good as you think and it only takes 1 part malfunctioning and you could find yourself in a world of hurt or worse. I bought my Summitt Viper and, next to my safety vest/harness, is the best hunting investment I have made.

7. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  8. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received: