Mathews No Cam

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by TheGobbler, May 28, 2015.

1. TheGobbler

TheGobbler Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Opinions on the Mathews No Cam? Anybody had any experience with it? I'm deciding between the No Cam and the Elite

2. C0wb0yChris

C0wb0yChris Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Lots of folks with No Cams here. I have one and love it. I'm 6'4" so the longer ATA (compared to my Creed XS) and longer riser is a little more comfortable. Elite makes a great bow too, you can't go wrong with either.

Most are going to tell you to go shoot them and decide for yourself. If you feel more comfortable with one then go with that one.

3. copperhead

copperhead Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have owned both and either way you won't go wrong. The NoCam from experience is a little faster than the new Elite Synergy. Both have an awesome draw cycle and holding weight. So I would suggest shooting both and see which one feels best to you. Good luck.

4. Longstriker

Longstriker Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    IMHO the Mathews NO Cam is the easiest to tune and the most accurate hunting bow on the market. When you get over $900 all the big manufacturers bows shoot really good. So try to shoot as many as you can, then go buy a NO Cam. I still want a Hoyt Nitrum and/or a Carbon Spyder Turbo though, but I could only own one since I have a girlfriend that I wanted to keep.

5. kurveball18

kurveball18 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Never shot the Hoyts but I LOVE my No Cam. Most accurate bow I ever owned and very very consistent and easy to tune

6. BoneReaperStag

BoneReaperStag Newb

Dislikes Received:
    just picked up a No Cam about a month ago. I put the bone collector apex sight on it and can shoot 4 arrows into a Copenhagen tin size target at 50 yards. I highly recommend this bow to anybody super smooth draw cycle. I also recommend the sight cause the pins diameter get smaller the farther away the target. which at fifty yards can mean either your pin is as big as the deer's whole body, or you can precisely pick where you are going to hit him.

7. RalphEwell

RalphEwell Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Yes, If you are more comfortable with one then go with that one....!!

8. Darin.mickelson

Darin.mickelson Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I've got the no cam and I love it! Easily the quietest and most accurate bow I've ever shot. Its not by any means a speed bow, but it still shoots a reasonable fps with my hunting arrow set up.

9. C0wb0yChris

Dislikes Received:
    I shot my No Cam on a chrono this past weekend. It was 68# and 30 dl with a 400 grain arrow and shot 286 fps. I'm not sure if that's what people consider fast or slow but I will say this one thing. When I hit a deer, it'll be fast enough.

This gives me a 72.7 ft-lbs

Last edited: Jun 2, 2015
  10. nealmccullough

nealmccullough BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    I own a No Cam and my biggest + was how quiet the bow was. Unbelievably smooth. I love it.

11. AndyWest83

AndyWest83 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have a No Cam and I can say is, it is all I think about at work all day is going home to fling some arrows at my target. Then where I'm going to go shoot some 3d on the weekends. Best bow I have ever owned and funnest to shoot. So quiet and deadly!

12. WildmanWilson

WildmanWilson Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Never shot one but would like to. The thing I hear most times people don't like is the slower speeds and the draw cycle. Some say they hate it and they can feel every pound of it as they pull it back.

13. kurveball18

kurveball18 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    My draw weight is set at 56 pounds and i'm getting 244 fps out of mine. I'm using 400 grain Easton Axis arrows.
    There definately are alot of speed freaks out their. Yea their are faster bows but this bow was designed to be a all around hunting bow and I think it fits that perfect. I would sacrifice a little speed for a smooth drawing bow, quite bow, fun to shoot bow any day.

I've had my bow into a shop where they do not sell Mathews. I would go their cuz I could shoot my bow at the range. (Closer drive from home) I've had a few people complain about how the Mathews No cam is sooo top heavy and that its so slow. Then they watch me shoot it and are like. "Damn, thats quite, or wow, your pretty accurate with that.

14. roadrunner

roadrunner Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    286 fps is not slow by any means!!

15. C0wb0yChris

Dislikes Received:
    Agreed. I just laugh at the folks that call it slow.

And it's my understanding that 73 ft-lbs on KE isn't too shabby either. I'll be able to shoot moose, elk and bear with this setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Rutin

Rutin Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I've shot Mathews for as long as I can remember and this is the first year I walked away from them. I think the NoCam is the smoothest drawing bow on the market but def not the top competitor anymore. I feel like the NoCam was a flawed bow the minute they started selling it, it's like Mathews rushed to get it on the market without factoring out major flaws.
    Someone mentioned above it was faster than the Elite Synergy..... wrong
    Quieter than the Elite.... wrong

WHY in the HECK would you put Teflon slides next to the Cams over the strings???? Ohhh bc there is a chance of the string hitting the cam bc they didn't space it enough. So they solve the problem by putting a rotating Teflon slide on the string which DOES hit the cam! WTH!!! Really....
    After seeing this and shooting it and the Elite side by side for 3 days I walked away from Mathews and honestly I'm glad. Not saying its a junk bow but there are too many things I did not like about it that Elite superseded and IMO blew Mathews out of the water!

17. soccerdan90

soccerdan90 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The new Elites are awesome and if I was buying a new bow this year it would be a Synergy for sure! If thought about switching to left handed due to eye dominance and shot 64 pounds fairly easily. It was the first time I had ever shot lefty. And it was smooth.

Too bad my wife would have killed me otherwise I would have walked out with one that day!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. ShaneB22

ShaneB22 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    The quietest bow I've ever heard

19. C0wb0yChris

Dislikes Received:
    Man someone had their panties on the wrong way yesterday.

I'm still trying to figure out where these "too many" problems are for production. In all of that emotion, I only saw one example, and that being the possibility of the string hitting the cam.

I've shot the synergy, side by side the no cam. The no cam was definitely quieter. As for speed...use your numbers, what did you chrono your synergy at? Whats the dl, lbs and grain of arrow.

To make an educated defense, you must give specifics. Otherwise, you just sound like an emotional wreck.

20. ShaneB22

ShaneB22 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I don't get why people don't like a top heavy bow. My reezen is a little top heavy but it helps me hold steady without a stabilizer. When I watched a guy shoot his yesterday I was like "damn that's quiet".