Trail Cams direct from China ?

Discussion in 'Trail Cameras' started by dudz, May 26, 2015.

1. dudz

dudz Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I know a good amount of people are biased about buying anything from china because of quality issues, but "most" electronic goods are made there anyway and just have a US or UK brand put on them.
    Does anyone have any experience with buying trail cams direct from china such as this one ? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261571264688

2. No.6Hunter

No.6Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I think most people look at buying cameras that are distributed in the U.S. more than made in the U.S. so they have better options for customer service. I have never bought a "China Made" camera before but have owned some that could classify as "China Made" as they were simply the company's cheap cameras.

3. dudz

dudz Newb

Dislikes Received:
    All the specs look the same or better than most other well known brands, for half the price. I am interested how they perform

4. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Right now unless you are buying a Reconyx you are buying a camera made in China. I would never buy direct because think of the shipping costs. Those companies can because they are ordering thousands of cameras.

5. dudz

dudz Newb

Dislikes Received:
    When I buy anything to do with hunting, I usually look to US (obviously) . When I want anything else I usually look to Germany (build quality), but I have bought dozens of things direct from China to save money (such a machine parts). I have to say 70% of the time, the shipping is free or almost, but they do more often than not incur import charges, but it still works out a lot cheaper. Customer service in France simply does not exist. So buying from china is a "no brainer" for me. Out of all the things I have bought from china, only around 5% of items were substandard. 20 years ago was a different story.

6. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I could see your reasoning if you aren't going to be able to use the customer service and if you can get them shipped reasonably.

7. No.6Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    cost of shipping from China may be cheap but it cant be very quick

8. dudz

dudz Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Normally between 9 and 20 days with free shipping. EMS which is equates to around 50 dollars takes less than 7 days to Europe

9. No.6Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    $50 to ship, no thanks.

I have personally had bad luck ordering cheap stuff from China like blank lures, might be due to cost of product and shipping but, I'm still waiting on some lures lol

10. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have to admit, a buddy of mine hooked me up with an "official" NFL elite jersey that they ordered direct from China. We are talking the real deal, stitched numbers, the patches, everything, even had the Authentic NFL patch on it. Payed $30 bucks including shipping for a jersey that sells for $295.00 on NFL.com.

I was skeptical, but I figured worst case scenario I was out $30, but it came in perfect.