Friendly advice

Discussion in 'Trail Cameras' started by CoveyMaster, May 26, 2015.

1. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Don't wait to clean off your old sd cards and let them gather in between card pulls, especially until you have two full rounds and 30 cards sitting with 2000 pics each...oye.....

I've got a bad habit of looking through the cards as fast as I can and laying them on the desk intending to go back through them and pick out the pics I want to keep sometime at night when I'm not busy. Now I find myself trying to clean off enough of them to make the rounds and exchange cards. I don't know if it's the actual act or the thought of starting through 60,000+ pics that's worse.

On the up side, I found my first fawn pic of the year.

2. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I hear what you are saying. That is a crap load of pics to go threw at one time.

3. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    Yep, I thought the deer would slow down on the feeders after green up but no. Besides they are hitting the mineral stupid hard this year. I had a couple of cards with over 3600 pics each and very few empty triggers. Don't get me wrong, I love getting the pics but holy crap, it turns into a major chore. I'm getting to where I just pull out a random five or ten pics from the front, middle and end to save then erase the card. Not like there's any big antlers yet anyway but some of the pics are pretty cool and I hate to miss saving those.

4. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I'm OCD when it comes to cards. I never put them in a cam unless they are clean.

My dad had 2 year old picks on his cards. Drives me nuts :busted:

5. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:

I am too. I always make sure my SD cards are clean. I have forgotten to clear them, but I stop and do it every time before I take them with me.

6. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    Lol, I never....never....EVER install a card with old pics on it, lol. Probably could, most of my cams seem to start a new file anyway so they'd likely stay separated but I just don't roll that way, lol. Besides I try to keep some record of growth, card pulls and interesting pics saved on file since this is supposed to be a "job", lol.

7. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have sort of the same problem, I go through and look at the pics right after I change them and always plan on goin through them. Always seem to wait until heading out to change then again so I end up loading all the pics to computer and there they sit. Have about 2 months worth to go through right now, luckily only have 5 cameras though.

As far as cleaning cards before putting them in cam I always do it when change them, but I do have 2 cards for every camera and those cards only go in that camera.