Anyone running GoPro 4's?

Discussion in 'Videography & Photography' started by MGH_PA, May 21, 2015.

1. MGH_PA

MGH_PA Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Curious as to which model you're running and what your general thoughts are on them? Battery life, sharpness, reliability (any freezing/powering down problems), etc.? For silver owners, do you find yourself using the touchscreen very often? How is it top operate through the flexible membrane on the case?

I'm considering adding another to supplement my aging Hero 2, but can't really decide if I want to splurge for the 4 Black or Silver. Basically weighing the advantages of higher framerate vs. the built in touch screen right now.

Any input would be appreciated.

Last edited: May 21, 2015
  2. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    My Dad just picked up a Sliver. I haven't had much time to mess with it yet, but it's pretty slick. I really want to mess with some 4K footage.

3. MGH_PA

MGH_PA Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah, the 4k is nice, but I'm not thrilled with the 15fps. I think I would mainly use the 4k for cropping down at this point than anything else.

I like that I could do 240fps/720p with the black. That would make for some AWESOME slow motion at 24fps. However, it's a lot more $$, and I think I would really like the added LCD screen of the silver without having to pay extra for it.

Hard to say.

4. Drivingtacks

Drivingtacks Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    That's exactly what I've heard of most people doing with the 4K. They crop it down and still have a good image.

I also have a 2 and am thinking about upgrading. When I weight the options. The newer ones have more options but what I would use it the video quality would be the same. That keeps me from getting a newer one.