Winchester Longbeard XR

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting' started by POWERHAWK_11, May 20, 2015.

1. POWERHAWK_11

POWERHAWK_11 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    So there may be other threads on here about this ammo but I couldn't find any. I went to Walmart tonight and was looking through the ammo section and happened to notice a few boxes on the shelf. I looked at the tag on the shelf and it said $9.00. I couldn't believe that Walmart had them on clearance. I picked up two boxes of 3" 5 shot. I was already looking for a box of XR because two years in a row my dad has rolled birds with Winchester Super X shells. The birds would roll and then get up and fly away. My dad is a good shot so I know he can kill them. I gave him both boxes as early fathers day gifts. He went out and shot a shell at 30 yards and was blown away. He uses a Remington 870 with a super full choke. This was the pattern at thirty yards. Needless to say if he wasn't a believer before then he is now and he isn't one to believe hype. These shells are the real deal. We went back up to Walmart and bought the last two boxes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. usmc-boston

usmc-boston Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I was impressed with that ammo as well. I have an older mossberg 500a with a Kicks turkey choke (not sure what model) and the longbeards shoot great through it. I was reading the BBs are sorrounded by a gel inside the casing and that's why they hold so tight. Guess Im gonna have to make a trip to wal-mart!

3. POWERHAWK_11

POWERHAWK_11 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah thats right. I shot the shells out of my Remington 870 and they seemed to shoot better out of my gun. First one was 30 yards and I pulled right. Second was 50 yards. Carlson's makes a choke specific for the Long Beard XR.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Apd123

Apd123 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I shot my first turkey this year using the same ammo with my 870. Dropped him at 40 yards!