Question about Draw length and Peep site placement

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Jason_wi, May 18, 2015.

1. Jason_wi

Jason_wi Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have purchased a used bow. It's a Mathews Z7 Extreme. (LOVE IT) however, the draw length was originally set to 29" and I have a 27" draw. The bow shop in my area did a cam swap from the 29 to the 27. When I pulled the string back it was perfect draw for me. But the Peep site is still way to high. The guy at the archery shop told me that it's set correctly about 6" above the loop for your release then gave the bow back to me like he did not care. So when I got home I did the old trick of drawing with my eyes closed and then opening them. The Peep was about 2-3" to high... So my question is.. do I have the wrong draw length OR should I move the peep?

2. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    If he shortened the draw the peep has to be moved if he didn't or has a bad attitude I would find a different shop. There has to be shop up in Tomah.

3. Jason_wi

Jason_wi Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    He shortened the draw but had no intention of moving the peep. That was at the La Crosse Archery shop. Maybe I will stop at Sparta and see how they are there.. For the record he did not charge me anything to do that Cam swap which was great.. but he looked at me like I was doing something wrong when I said the peep was not in the right place for me. At that point I just left.

4. maxpetros

maxpetros Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Most peeps are set from 5.5-6. 3 or 4 inches is WAY too low. You will not get enough vertical adjustment out of your sight. Your anchor is probably too high. Post a pic at full draw anchoring normally so we can see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. maxpetros

maxpetros Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Also, the z7 is a short AtA bow. So even at the shorter draw it has a more severe string angle. Meaning a 6 inch peep height on my 35 inch bow will be higher from the arrow at full draw than a 6 inch peep on your bow. So the peep is already low to begin with and 3 inches high is insane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Joe p

Joe p Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    6inch is the standard to start with there is a little room for adjustment proper form and anchor pretty much determine the 6 inch mark send picture of drawing bow

7. davidingle

davidingle Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Probably a bad anchor point, post picture like previously mentioned