Opinions needed......

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by bigfootcali, May 17, 2015.

1. bigfootcali

bigfootcali Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well it's been awile since I have shot my bow, but thats cause I haven't set it back up after I got it back from pse. I need your opinions on a couple things, one I was gonna go with a drop away rest my brother was gonna give me but he has not got yet because it has not shipped from cabelas due to it not instock yet.it is the nap nighthawk, but I'm tired of waiting and the qad hdx pse version is looking mighty good but need opinions on it. The other thing is I don't no what color combo strings to get from hutch any ideas guys and gals to go with my skull works camo?

:bow:

2. maxpetros

maxpetros Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The QAD HDX is an amazing rest. Can't go wrong with it. Just get the regular version. The brand specific is more expensive and no different. Black and silver would look good then add whatever color pinstripe you like. Or you can go with any color solid or two color string. With black and white on the skullworks any color combo should look fine. It's really a personal thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. 60X Custom Strings

60X Custom Strings Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    One of our guys just did silver/electric blue with a black pin on his skull works. You can see several hundred color examples in our gallery at www.60xcustomstrings.com/gallery/

4. b_walte15

b_walte15 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I agree with maxpetros on the QAD. Its a great rest and I also wouldnt worry about getting the PSE version unless you are really particular on looks. Good luck!

5. bigfootcali

Dislikes Received:
    I'm not worried about looks, I just had read that the brand specific versions made for better tunning on the bows. I wanna know how much tighter groups are with the qad and how much better are the shots. I have always been a wb guy and swore I would always us a wb but been reading alot on drop aways and watching videos about the different brands and the qad hdx is stuck on mind....

6. maxpetros

Dislikes Received:
    It tunes just like a regular QAD.

7. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I am a huge QAD HDX fan. The brand specific QAD rests, like Max said, tune the same as a regular HDX.

8. bigfootcali

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for the opinions on the hdx and the tuning, now had the hadx improved your groups and helped your shots.

9. maxpetros

Dislikes Received:
    Assuming a well tuned bow, no fletching contact and an archer with good form any rest can be shot accurately.

10. ShaneB22

ShaneB22 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    If you want to know what color to get your strings you should check out hutch's post. He has a bunch of different color combos there and he can even make a sample to show you what it would look like. When I get new strings I'm getting a solid flo green string with purple serving.