Everything you need to know!

Discussion in '2015 Bowhunting.com Get Together & Archery Fun Sho' started by jfergus7, May 14, 2015.

1. jfergus7

jfergus7 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Alright since it appears that we have a bunch of new guys with lots of questions thought I would throw this list together. Veterans if I am missing any let me know and I will add it to the list

Camping

1. Bowhunting.com, Hunting Network, Todd & Justin are in no way associated with the campground or camping events.

2. Speed limits within the campground are strictly enforced. DO NOT SPEED!

3. An archery range will be setup and clearly marked. Shooting is ONLY allowed in that area. Campground guests have priority so if any are walking nearby, fishing the ponds, throwing horseshoes, etc... all shooting will cease IMMEDIATLY until it is safe to continue.

4. Parking is not allowed in the field to the west! We have a hard time following his rule. Everyone please help direct the rookies and guests to where they can park.

5. Tent locations are first come first serve. We pack in tight but will have room for everyone.

6. Hank will be making sammiches Friday night. Anyone with some backstraps to donate are strongly encouraged to bring them. Due to the high costs of buns, cheese, seasonings, etc. a few dollars will be donated to Hank to offset the cost.

7. Fishing is allowed in the two ponds. It is stocked with small panfish. Absolutely no bowfishing allowed in the ponds. We did not follow this rule last year and I was warned about it.

8. Bowfishing is allowed down by the creek only.

9. We have a community firepit. Any firewood you can bring is appreciated. We burn through a ton!

10. We have had a long tradition of going to Grandma's Diner Sunday morning as many are packing up to hit the road home. I have reserved the big room again so get your name on the list if you are planning to attend.

11. After you launch an arrow into the woods and you come out covered in ticks do not go over and shake them all off in front of someone's tent unless it is Wesley's!

Bow shoot

1. Everyone on the property is required to sign a waiver. Even if you are just watching and not shooting you must sign a waiver.

2. Arrive early. Lines for the course form fast so your best bet is an early start.

3. Depending on the weather bugs can be bad. Remember to bring your Thermacell or bug spray.

4. Food is available from the food truck at lunchtime. Remember to bring cash!

5. Bowhunting.com gear will be for sale so be sure to pick up your cool swag!

6. Keep an eye on Dubbya. We are sure he cheats but have not been able to prove it yet!

I will continue to add to this list as I think of more things but this is a good start.

Last edited: May 14, 2015
  2. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Going bu the pictures, Ferg drinks...ALOT! He often passes out in his chair at the campfire half nakee and guys put things near his face and take pictures .... just going by previous year pictures ... :D

3. jfergus7

Dislikes Received:
    No that is not correct sir. I have only passed out once and I was flat on my back not in a chair. And we swore to never discuss that again. Think you are referring to the old beer legend(in his own mind) Sevenmag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. ShaneB22

ShaneB22 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    You guys sound like you have some fun. Haha

5. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Ah! Correct..my bad....carry on :)

6. in da woods

in da woods Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    yeah, since it is a family campground, getting wasted to the point of passing out and puking on yourself is not appreciated.

7. Marauder

Marauder Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'm so freaking excited!

8. jfergus7

Dislikes Received:
    Can't get here soon enough! I am in need of some time off work!

9. in da woods

in da woods Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Bout as good as deer hunting season!