new property question

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by almightynut, May 12, 2015.

1. almightynut

almightynut Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    2015-05-12-11-26-38.jpg
    Hey guys I got my hands on a new property not to long ago and I want to see what you guys think. I do know some history about the property and I know the deer funnel throught This prproperty to get to the 200 arce farms on each side of it my question is should I put corn down or not because no one has put corn down there the farms on each side have corn fields,there are really great signs of them funneling through this property, I know I want to make a few mock scrapes and a few rubs and a mineral site but I'm up in the air about the corn, I'm putting camreas out today to see what is coming in. The one guy next to me showed me pictures of two 160 class deer last year which is awesome so what do you think, I really like the place. Thanks guys

2. No.6Hunter

No.6Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Put a mineral site where you know they are traveling, they may not hit the corn until late season when the farmers harvest their corn.

3. Aaron Jones

Aaron Jones Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The deer around here love the corn but we don't really have any places that grow corn for harvest. From my stand point corn wouldn't hurt the situation so why not? Just my thoughts.
    Goodluck man!

4. almightynut

Dislikes Received:
    I did talk to my one buddy that hunted it a few years ago and he said he always had corn down and he has pictures of 15-20 deer coming in to.eat it so I think I should see what happens

5. Dunlap

Dunlap Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    If they are already coming through why make your presence know by putting down corn? I would set up cameras and try to find out when they are moving through before I did anything.

6. almightynut

Dislikes Received:
    That was kinda my question and thinkiing, but I'm going to put a camera out and see what they are doing and the times, corn I'm still up in the air about I will make some scrapes and rubs close to the end of summer

7. Dunlap

Dunlap Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    If it were me, I would make a mock scrape or 2 just for cameras. They might be moving during the day at prime time.

8. BigPhil_H

BigPhil_H Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Big bucks will bed next to the highway