Cast Iron Favorites

Discussion in 'Game Processing, Recipes & Cooking' started by BigPhil_H, May 4, 2015.

1. BigPhil_H

BigPhil_H Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Anyone have any good cast iron dishes that they would like to share? My girlfriends parents got me a gift card to Bass Pro for my birthday and I picked up a 12" skillet. I seasoned it tonight (or so I think) and looking for something to whip up tomorrow after work.

2. Smoke

Smoke Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    lots of favorites... love cooking with cast iron.... I'll give ya one I haven't done for awhile but it's really good.... with well seasoned cast iron skillet, coat inside with olive oil... cover inside with pizza dough 1/8 inch thick and about an inch up the sides.. brush with more olive oil, then thin layer of left over sketty sause... add toppings of your choice, but be sure to include lots of sliced onion... top with shredded mozzarella and Romano cheese... bake at 400 for about 30 minutes

3. BigPhil_H

Dislikes Received:
    That sounds good Smoke, my girlfriend has been wanting to make pizza for some time now so this is definitely an option. Tonight I threw a chicken in the smoker and just sauteed some squash, zuchinni, jalapenos and mushrooms in the pan on the stove

4. BigPhil_H

Dislikes Received:
    Well fine then haha I fried some squash in it tonight

5. LLRP

LLRP Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Deer or elk liver and onions fried in bacon grease. Nothing better. (cept maybe heart)

6. BigPhil_H

Dislikes Received:
    I'll have to trust you on that one

7. BigPhil_H

Dislikes Received:
    The past few days/nights, I've tried a bunch of new stuff...fried squash and zuchinni = awesome. Chicken wings with a table spoon of olive oil = too greasy. Hamburger toppings consisting of mushrooms, onions, bell peppers, jalapenos = the best. I should add that this is all on the grill, I still haven't experimented in the oven or on the stove top.