Hoyt Nitrum Turbo...

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by roadrunner, May 1, 2015.

1. roadrunner

roadrunner Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well - never posted a review on a bow, maybe it's because I'm not what is considered an expert.

Picked my new Hoyt Nitrum Turbo up on Tuesday afternoon and after a little bit of time setting up a string loop and new rest (the new drop away from RipCord) I shot it to make sure the peep was set at a good spot. Bow was set initially at a lower poundage, probably in the 63 range. After serving in the peep, cranked it up to the max setting, at 72. Went and shot it through a chronograph and was getting 305 fps with a 430 gr arrow. It was all I could do to pull the arrow from the target backstop.

Brought the bow home and shot it a little after putting some sights on I had from a previous bow and the 30 yd pin shot about one foot high. I adjusted the sight housing and the top pin is good out to 40. The bow shoots as good as any new Hoyt I've shot recently and there is definitely a different pull to the draw, but not bad - not even harsh, but different. At the shot, the bow is dead in the hand with no jump. To me, it feels comparable to the No Cam (that I had shot previously) as far as little to no recoil, and for a speed bow shooting a relatively medium to medium heavy arrow is fairly quite. Today, I paper tuned it and had to adjust the rest a little, but the bow is dialed in now and shooting very smooth and very good. I will recheck paper tune sometime next month after getting a few more shots through it and check timing. Overall, this is a sweet shooting bow and even with a small brace height (6 in) is easy to shoot and doesn't really magnify shooting form flaws (like mine!!).

To say the least, I am not used to shooting a bow where you don't see the arrow fly as easy as the other bows I have shot.

2. Longstriker

Longstriker Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats on the new bow! Got any pics?

3. TheChurchArchers

TheChurchArchers Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'm scared to shoot it because I don't have the money to buy it and I know ill want it

4. roadrunner

roadrunner Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    pics of my new Nitrum

Attached Files:

5. Longstriker

Longstriker Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Great looking bow roadrunner. I like the color combo on it a lot. Is it a stock option or special order?

6. AJBowhunter

AJBowhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Unfortunately with Hoyts a bow like that would be through the custom shop. Which just adds a $100 to the price tag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. sevignyjoe

sevignyjoe Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I have been a Mathews man for years but my next bow is gonna be nitrum turbo in harvest brown with the black limbs .

8. doepatrol2000

doepatrol2000 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I shoot a Bowtech Carbon Knight which is $600. I shot the Hoyt Nitrum 30 which is 900 about 2 weeks ago for about an hour... IMHO I hated the Nitrum 30. I like everything about the Carbon Knight way more. Maybe its just me... Idk