QAD drop away squeak

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by rustyreno, Apr 30, 2015.

1. rustyreno

rustyreno Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    This is the second drop away from QAD that I have had, and after a little while the felt on the rest begins to squeak. It happened on my last set up right before I upgraded. Other than replacing the felt piece is there any way to remedy this? The last one went a year and a half before it started, this on is three months old. I am not sure if something in the set up is wrong and making it wear through, or if this is a common problem. Any help would be appreciated.

-Andrew

2. Whitetail

Whitetail Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have only 2 suggestions.

1. Arrow lube on you arrow.

2. Do what I did and get rid of the QAD (had 3 with issues). I got a NAP Apache Carbon (actually on 3 bows) with zero issues.

3. rustyreno

rustyreno Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks. I did look at the NAP when I was setting the bow up, but decided to stick with the QAD. Gonna head over to the local pro shop this week to check it out. Thanks again.

-Andrew

4. Nick_P

Nick_P Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Is it the felt that's squeeking? Or is it the actual rest as it comes up? I had one that did that and QAD replaced it for me. If it's the felt, did you put it on correctly? And have you tried lubing up an arrow to see if that helps? I've probably put 1000+ arrows thru one piece of felt and never wore thru it or had it make any noise, so theres gotta be something goofy going on here. They are great rests and besides the one squeeky one (worked perfectly fine, noise just bothered me), all 6 that i have owned have been problem free. I think most "problems" other than noise that people experience are due to incorrect setup or user error.

5. Nick_P

Nick_P Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    This is how the felt should look, no gaps where it is cut to fit the contour of the launcher, and pressed down on all sides and i always wave a lighter over it to heat the glue so it sticks better. This is the piece of felt that has seen 1000 arrows and it still looks that clean
    [​IMG]

6. ChuckC

ChuckC Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Do your arrows get anything on them from your target that may be rubbing off and coating the felt with? I had a cheap old bag target years ago that I would get streaks from the friction as the arrow penetrated the target face. Carbon arrows I assume??