NW IL Sucess

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting' started by Robson, Apr 27, 2015.

1. Robson

Robson Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Had a great hunt on Saturday. Morning started out very quiet. I didn't hear a gobble morning. Not long after light a hen entered the field and she was there all day. I took her over an hour to come into the decoys, but once in there she never left. At about 8:30, she started putting, and I figured she had finally spotted me in the blind. She freaked out and took off; flying across the ditch to the other field. Then I catch quick movement coming into the decoys. A freakin' coyote trotted right in to the spread and must have instantly realized this wasn't real and took off. Before I could get my bow up and ready he was 80 yards. It wasn't long and back came the hen and she went back to feeding around the decoy spread. At 11:30, I look over and there's 5 jake standing at like 6 yards. I was positioned in the blind to the back left corner of the double bull, so I had no angle to shoot. At a 6 minute Mexican stand off they finally worked enough to the right so I could get a shot. Pulled the ol' Texas heart shot. Bird limped about 10 yards and died in the field. The other 4 jakes rushed in to beat on him, when out of nowhere a big tom runs in. He flogged/humped my dead bird for like 20 minutes. A little bummed I didn't get the tom, and really bummed I didn't get the coyote. Still a great hunt. A few pictures...arrow in flight, tom flogger, coyote

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
  2. AntlerAddict

AntlerAddict BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats!