E32 vs HTR

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Mitchellhunt99, Apr 26, 2015.

1. Mitchellhunt99

Mitchellhunt99 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    So I'm in the market for a new bow, well a new bow to me. I sadly cant afford a brand new bow at the time so I'm looking into getting a used bow. I found a HTR for 850 bare and a E32 for 650 bare. Is it worth the extra $200 for a HTR? I've only shot the HTR and it was super nice but i cant say anything about the E32 because my pro shop didn't have one on the shelf. Thanks.

2. roadrunner

roadrunner Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I also do not have any experience with the E32, but do with the No Cam. Like you've experienced, the HTR is a nice shooting bow. It may be more because of the "newness" of it and the E32 you're looking at is a little older? Maybe? If you don't have any qualms with the HTR, get it.

3. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I would would get the e32, first because I like it better. I owned two so far, I have also tuned a shot the HTR. The e32 is smoother, has a better valley and is much less top heavy. Since you buying used, which btw I wouldn't worry about in the least...the E 32 has a life time transferable warranty.

4. Mitchellhunt99

Dislikes Received:
    The E32 is a 2014, so yes a bit older. Now which is easier to get mods for? I cant find a 27" mod for either. I called my pro shop but they quit carrying Elites so therefore they don't have mods.

5. copperhead

copperhead Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I would not buy a bow until I had the chance to shoot it. Basically made that mistake before and really was not happy with my decision. The bow was fine I just did not like the way it felt in my hands if that makes sense.

In regards to modules. If you don't have an Elite dealer close by you can call Elite and they will sell you the modules. You can then take them to your bow shop and ask them to swap out for you. Mathews is very supportive of their dealers and join most cases will only ship parts to dealers. No in all but in most cases.

I literally just sold an elite 32 on AT for 575 with accessories with a 26.5 DL. There are lots of them up for sale there if you want to take the time to shift through them. Check peoples feedback before buying though.

Another thing to consider is that if you are not comfortable tuning bows yourself you need to consider what your dealer can and will support. That should not drive your decision but something to think about.

Either bow is a win decision. Both shoot very well and quality made.

Good luck and let us know what decision you make.

6. Longstriker

Longstriker Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    If you can get a deal I'd go for the HTR. But like others have said for cripes sake shoot them first.

7. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have shot both and actually prefer the HTR, but like the Elite also. There are lots of guys that love the Elite so you should definitely shoot one before you decide, it may be the bow for you. I almost sold my 360 and bought an HTR, but I am keeping this bow one more season. It shoots too good to sell right now.

8. almightynut

almightynut Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I messed with the HTR and the e32 yesterday at a shoot, I didn't shoot them but I do like the feel of them both, I can tell you this after this season when I look for a new bow the e32 will be the first one I shoot for sure

9. BigPhil_H

BigPhil_H Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Good comparison thread. I'm also interested in what everyone has to say

10. myot

myot Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've owned both bows and love them both
    I haven't hunted the HTR yet but the E32 was a killing machine
    The HTR is just as smooth a bit quieter but quite a bit slower but I could only get a 70lbs bow the E32 was an 80lbs
    Turkey season starts today here in Ontario Canada so I should know if this bow is as lucky as the E32 by the end of the week

Dan

11. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Both bows will kill an animal just fine so it really boils down to how well you like the bow and what it feels like to you when you shoot it. You really can't go wrong either way.

I don't own an E32 but I do have a pair of HTRs and in all honesty can't say enough good things about them. :tu:

12. Mitchellhunt99

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks everyone for the feedback. Im definitely going to wait until I can shoot the E32 like you have all said. $850 is a lot of money for a bow for me so its hard getting over that factor, especially when the E32 is $200 cheaper. The closest shop from me that has a E32 is quite a drive though so i may have to wait a little bit.

13. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Don't be scared of the E35 while you are shooting Just try it. You might really like it.

14. Mitchellhunt99

Dislikes Received:
    I did look at the E35, but for turkeys, out of a ground blind that might be too long.

15. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    No problem. Trust me. I hunted out of blind with my E35 and it wasn't even close to an issue. It is overstated by people that a few extra ATA inches gets in the way. All it does is make it more giving

16. Mitchellhunt99

Dislikes Received:
    Ok thanks, then I will look into shooting a E35 too.

17. rustyreno

rustyreno Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Honestly, the best advice anyone can give you is to shoot a few different bows and buy the one you like. When I went in to buy a new bow I wanted an Elite Synergy, shot a bunch including the E32 and HTR, and left with a Hoyt. You may not think that all these bows will be very different, but they are. There are plenty of people who love one company over another, but when it comes down to it, it's your bow and you have to like it. If you shoot them all and the HTR fits you best then it will be well worth the extra money for it.

-Andrew

18. Mitchellhunt99

Dislikes Received:
    Well i've decided to get the No Cam!!!! Now I just have to find a deal. And then where do you get the rock mods, I have a 27" DL and probably wont find one with that length?

19. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    If you're ordering the bow from a dealer they can order it with the correct draw length mods for you. If you're buying it used you'll need to order a set of mods from a dealer. I imagine you'll have a tough time find a used set of 27" mods for a bow that new.

Congrats on your decision. It's a heck of a bow. :tu:

20. Mitchellhunt99

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks! I'm getting a used one, man I wish I could afford a new one. So yes I will probably have to go to my shop to get 27'' mods.