Draw length variations

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by BB4tw, Apr 26, 2015.

1. BB4tw

BB4tw Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Is it common for different bows to have slightly varied draw lengths for the same archer? I'm not talking about inches, I'm talking about 1/4 to 1/2 inch at the most.

I ask because I had to adjust my draw length on my new bow a little bit shorter than it was for my old bow.

I figure that my draw length hasn't changed, it's just a difference in how the designs fit into said draw length.

Am I thinking correctly? Am I all wrong and the old bow was set up wrong all along?

Obviously, the correct draw length is ultimately determined by how you shoot but I'm still curious about the slight difference between one bow and the other.

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk

2. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yes, not all bows draw to advertised draw length. That is why measuring the draw length on a draw board is so important, so you know what your bow is actually drawing. My old Bowtech Assassin was 1/2" short when measured, my current bow is right on though.

3. maxpetros

maxpetros Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Spot on^^^^^^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. BB4tw

BB4tw Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Another light bulb just came on. The biggest reason for any difference could be due to my newer bow having a hard back wall and my old one having a soft back wall (something I sometimes miss).

It's good to know that it isn't my imagination and/or I'm not looking my mind.

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk