4-22-15 KY Tom

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting' started by gutone4me, Apr 23, 2015.

1. gutone4me

gutone4me Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Went out yesterday afternoon and did a walk about. Found a spot on a field edge where I knew they hung out and sat down to take a break and listen a bit. Sure enough after 15 minutes I hear a gobble. Pull an end around get set up and call he answers and here they come .. 1 hen 2 toms and 4 jakes the hen walks right up in my face at 5 steps. The boys not so much 60ish and the skirt is on yet again. They get to where they are going to go out of sight I pull the tail fan from my vest and fan it out hold it up and call. One purrs loudly and all the heads turn red and here they come ...on a run ! Now this has never worked for me before the few times ive tried it so I have no idea how long to hold the fan up or when to switch to my gun ... finally at 6 yards the 2 toms are ready to do battle. I drop the fan and raise my gun turkeys are scattering Im pretty sure the gun wasnt even to my shoulder when I pulled the trigger lol. Then the short pump and click on the next attempt by now they are pushing 60 yards so I watch where they go and give them time to chill out. Pull a big end around and get set up again on them. This time its the 2 toms and 4 hens I know my chances aren't good I crawl up to the field edge and give em the fan again and low and behold here they come again. This time I put the fan down and got my gun ready while they were at 70 yards. I let him get to 35 before I rolled him. 21 Lbs 10.25 inch beard and 1 inch spurs

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Buck master

Buck master Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Good ending to an awesome story and turkey.

3. stillmanchad

stillmanchad Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Good bird

4. Lung Buster

Lung Buster Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Great bird congrats!

5. ShaneB22

ShaneB22 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Great bird