MP8 black looks like a keeper :)

Discussion in 'Trail Cameras' started by Art, Apr 22, 2015.

1. Art

Art Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    This camera is really small!! Claims "less than a second" trigger speed and just in a day of testing does seem quite fast. First impression of daytime pics is they are the best I've seen from any camera I've tried. Biggest test will be how it performs in winter with the bright snow and cold temps.

2. BigPhil_H

BigPhil_H Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    They are definitely a top notch camera manufacturer

3. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    They are good cameras, I think I've lost one of mine (unless I find it). The one I'm still using has the best battery life of any of my cameras and it takes great day pics...those are their best traits.

4. Art

Art Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Lost as in you forgot which tree you put it on!!? Yes, the two main reasons I wanted to try them out was the battery life, daytime pics and also the small size. I did also try the Red 40 but found them sizewise to large and the batteries in wintertime drained really fast think the most I got was 2 or 3 weeks.(in fact camera seemed to just shut down in really cold temps) With 12 at a shot that was a lot of batteries. Could use lithium but IMO the cost of using lithium is just not worth it.

5. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Ha, I'm not sure. I picked it up and changed the spot out with a G42 stealthcam and put the Mp8 in my truck. I don't recall taking it out but it's not in there now so no idea where it went. I keep thinking I'll run across it one of these days but hasn't happened yet. I don't recall setting it up anywhere else, maybe it go "borrowed" lol.

The one I have still out doesn't go through that many pics, I just pulled it today and it had over 600 since the end of March. The one that got lost didn't last through batteries any better than any of my other cams but it would go through a few thousand pics a month.

6. Art

Art Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Couple of notes on the Red 40 was it also took great daytime pics and could really throw some light out at night. So it does have its uses.

7. airenlow

airenlow Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I had a Red40 out from July 3 to Feb 2 on the same set of batteries. Cheapie store brand too. 1000+ pics a month.

8. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    MP8 is a great camera. I am looking to get a couple to hang high and catch trespassers if they show back up. I like my Red40s too.