Liquid Fertilizer Options

Discussion in 'Food Plots & Habitat Improvement' started by TwoBucks, Apr 14, 2015.

1. TwoBucks

TwoBucks Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys, Im pondering switching to liquid fertilizer for our food plots. The two main reasons are ease of application (and even application), as well as then the plot gets a little bit of water right away. Not much but it doesnt get any with dry fertilizer.

Anybody know a good mixture and where to get it?

2. jake_

jake_ Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Antler king has a product called Jolt. The info is on the website.

I personally use Jolt here and there. I (sure everyone else too) mainly use dry fertilizer at time of planting and a spread a small bit out before a rain later in the summer.

I can't recommend a foliar fertilizer over / replacing a dry fertilizer. I think the liquid fertilizer helps give the plant a extra boost/food in a time of need, but get your soil right is the main thing.

3. nutritionist

nutritionist Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have used liquid fertilizers for many years and put it on everything. Jolt is a product that is repackaged from a company in Indiana that is a solid company. I have used Monty's and it works. The only negative with jolt and rack vantage is price point and they only have a couple of the micros in them and are missing two essentials for deer plots. None the less, solid products.

Yes i sell various liquids but what is the next level that i do for the hard core people is custom mix liquids based on their plant tissue analysis. This tells you exactly what your plant needs that growing season. The big boys in the industry are discussing this and there have been some recent articles in the popular farm magazines. foliars should cost between $5-10 per acre, which is very reasonable. You will see some things like, faster regrowth the next cutting or grazing rotation for hay fields, pastures, or deer plots. You will see higher yields on soybeans, grains and corn. You will have faster dry down and maturity on grains.

I also have shown an increase in protein and mineral content and elevated sugar levels on whatever i applied it to.

Some are skeptile with plant foods but when the chs's, and winfields are pushing it, there is a reason. Plus for anyone who has heard of the Anderson's, and what it takes to win the national corn and soybean growing contests, people should read up on foliars for the food plots.