Love Hunting Camp

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Lester, Apr 12, 2015.

1. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Like most of you I really love the whole hunting experience whether I am the one hunting or if I even shoot something or not. The part of being in hunting camp with good friends is hard to beat. Had another great camp while my kids were turkey hunting in Wisconsin this past weekend. We had some great food while we were in camp also and my friend Dave is a hell of a cook. He made jalapeno poppers last night with goat cheese, wild turkey from my sons bird and wrapped in bacon. They were DAMN good!

[​IMG]

He also cooked steaks over an open fire using cherry wood. The flavor on those steaks were excellent.

[​IMG]

2. C0wb0yChris

C0wb0yChris Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    The memories at hunting camps will last a lifetime. I can still taste chicken my dad and his friend would cook for all of us kids over an open fire. Worlds best chicken right there. I could never tell if it was because we were that hungry or if they were really that good. But man I wouldn't trade this memories for nothing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Matt

Matt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah some good times growing up in deer camps. We stayed in some **** holes :lol: but good times.

4. Rogue6

Rogue6 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I bet everyone on hear if they would admit it.... If they pay for a lease it's more for the camp experience for them and theirs than for the meat. That and the chance to keep the heritage alive. I pray that we never see a day when you don't have this freedom!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk