Game of Thrones Season 5

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Spear, Apr 12, 2015.

1. Spear

Spear Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'll go ahead and create this thread since the season 5 premiere is tonight. What story line are you most interested to see pan out? Did anyone else see that the first 4 episodes for this season have already been leaked online? I was almost half tempted to find them since I like to binge watch a show rather than waiting a week between each episode but I decided against it. Should be a goood season!

2. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Dany and John Snow are my favorite characters. I watched the first episode last evening, it was good.

3. TEmbry

TEmbry Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I won't watch them until late May/early June to binge watch the season but I'm excited as well. More so for True Detective but I'm excited for Game of Thrones as well.

4. Dogfish

Dogfish Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Never seen it...

5. Swamp Stalker

Swamp Stalker Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]

Can't friggen wait!!!!!! I've Been getting back up to speed watching season 4 On demand. That pisses me off a few episodes leaked already. Surprised i haven't heard to many spoilers yet. I did read one online that some loser felt the need to blab. i don't understand how and why some people get off on ruining somthing for someone. I won't be able to watch it until tomorrow morning because I have to be into work tonight at 1030.
    Looking forward to seeing John Snow's story progress as well as Arya. My least favorite storyline is brands. (The kid is growing up like crazy in real life) hopefully it picks up a little steam. Going to be interesting to see the reaction/consequences of Tywin lannisters murder! Wonder what little finger has up his sleeve with Sansa!!

Also looking forward to the season premier of Silicon Valley tonight too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Apr 12, 2015
  6. Riverbc

Riverbc Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've read all the books. TV series hasn't changed much. I hope Martin lives long enough to write the last 2 books.

7. Brandon8807

Brandon8807 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Re-watched season 4 over the past week. I'm ready for the premiere.

[​IMG]

8. Rogue6

Rogue6 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Wanting to see more of the Stark family line in general this season. I have to watch on TVO tomorrow

9. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    I want to find out for sure who John Snows real parents are. I think the theory about he being the child of Rhaegar Targaryan and Lyanna Stark makes the most sense.

10. Hooker

Hooker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have pretty much had to force myself to remember that the books and the TV show are completely different entities now. They have changed so much at this point.

Last nights episode was...ok. Maybe I'm still a bit thrown off by all that they changed. And not little things either. Oh well. I still love the show.

11. Spear

Spear Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I was glad to see the show back but the first episode moved kinda slow. I know they are setting things up so I am excited to see what's to come. I'm surprised they didn't show anything of Bran. I want Jon Snow to leave the wall, I feel like he's such a waste of a strong character being there - unless of course they start showing white walkers again. As of now they haven't done much recently to show how much of a threat "winter" is.

12. Hooker

Hooker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    There will be no Bran this season

13. Spear

Spear Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hmm, interesting. How much time passes from start to finish in the books? I'm just curious to get an actual time table of all the events.

14. Hooker

Hooker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm not really sure...a year or 2?

They have exhausted Bran's storyline from the books, but so is Sansa's and they are moving forward with hers

15. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    I believe about four years in the books so far. The books move slower than the TV series, because of the show dealing with child actors, they made the TV show move up about one year per season. The books (I think) used up about two years over the first three books.

16. Bowhunter0132

Bowhunter0132 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm a huge GoT fan. I was reading the books.. until a little after "The Red Wedding".. then put them down so I could be more surprised by the show. I'm interested to see where several characters story lines go.. Arya going to Bravos is a big 1 for me. The "biggest" character for me is Tyrion. Peter Dinkladge (spelling?) is an amazing actor and his character is extremly good at playing the game. After shooting Tywin on the crapper and escaping from Westeros, I knew that his story line is only going to get more interesting. The preview of him on the ship and Drogon soaring overhead is a majorly interesting point. If Tyrion links up with Danny.. his brains, her army and the dragons.. wow.

As far as George Martin getting his books out in time.. he has already told the directors of his planned ending to the series. They are going to try to stick to his books as best they can, but at some point, the show will surpass what he has written. The show is going to start going its own route once they pass him, but are planning to coming back to George's planned ending.

17. Hooker

Hooker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    books >>>>> show

you are doing yourself a disservice

they have already changed soooo much

the ending might be the same, but how they get there is going to be quite different

18. Bowhunter0132

Bowhunter0132 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:

I will go back and read the books as well.. but I want the shock factor for the show. I knew the red wedding was coming, so I was not shocked at all, but was actually laughing when I saw my friends faces during that scene. Every jaw was on the floor.. 1 was crying, 1 was just shaking their head no like they forbid it to happen and all of them had their eyes glued to the TV.. Haha. Meanwhile I'm sitting back and thinking "Yeah, I knew this was coming".

19. Spear

Spear Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I haven't enjoyed reading for entertainment for probably 20 years now, I just can't get into it. Even if the books are better, the show will suffice for me.

20. Hooker

Hooker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    but the shock factor for the books is so much greater...

just seems like you are spoiling the better medium

the intensity of the red wedding chapter in the books was just so much more than on the show