Hindsight Pathfinder question

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by ILLUSION HUNTER, Apr 3, 2015.

1. ILLUSION HUNTER

ILLUSION HUNTER Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    This is more of a hindsight question in general. I can't get sighted in beyond 20 yds to save my life. I shoot pretty wide groups @ 25 and missed my target at 30. I first had a kisser button on but i did better without. I'm good at 20 but no more. Any advise would be greatly appreciated please.

2014 70 lb Bowtech Carbon Overdrive
    AXT 4 pin sight, B Stinger Hunter stab, QAD bowtech rest

2. Christine

Christine Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Are you missing in the same direction every time or are the shots wild?

I use Hindsights on my bows but not the pathfinder. That thing seems very different. Try calling the company.

Hindsights generally are more difficult to set up but nothing like what your experiencing.

3. ILLUSION HUNTER

Dislikes Received:
    It's kind of all over the place. I can't quite put my finger on it. The only thing I can think of is that I'm getting the same anchor point consistent enough. First I was thinking trigger panic but even the shots that feel perfect are not hitting the mark consistent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. ILLUSION HUNTER

Dislikes Received:
    Do you use a kisser button. Or how do you do your anchor point? It seams like when I just use the sight with no anchor then I'm more accurate. But still not good enough.

5. Christine

Dislikes Received:
    No kisser button. I hold the string pretty far from my face. My bow has a nice solid back wall too.

6. ILLUSION HUNTER

Dislikes Received:
    Finally. As against everything I know as it is. I stopped trying to use an anchor point. And I'm hitting closer than I was. I'm sighting in now up to 35yds. Thanks

2014 70 lb Bowtech Carbon Overdrive
    AXT 4 pin sight, B Stinger Hunter stab, QAD bowtech rest

7. Nick_P

Nick_P Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    May work for you now on the range... Wait till you get in the woods in front of a critter and i can almost guarantee your hold will not be the same and your shot will not go where you want it. Archery is a study and process of consistency, not accuracy. Consistency leads to accuracy. And an anchor point is absolutely necessary for consistency. First off, get yourself your anchor point back... Corner of the mouth tip of the nose. Then focus on other aspects of your form. Grip, release, stance, etc. even an untuned bow can group out to distance in the hands of the right shooter... So you'll need to start with form. If you can't figure it out by yourself, try to see if you can get help from someone who can.

8. Christine

Dislikes Received:
    ILLUSION, is this your first bow sight?

I actually pay zero attention to my anchor 'point'. I don't touch my nose or the corner of my mouth. I simply draw all the way to the back wall and use the hind sight to let me know if everything is lined up.

BUT.. I started shooting bows in the 70's. So I've been doing this for a while.

I love the hind sight but I think if you are just starting out, the learning curve is much steeper with one.

9. ILLUSION HUNTER

Dislikes Received:
    I've been hunting for about 8 yrs with my bow. If you go to YouTube I have a page with some of my bow kills in the last couple years. Just type in Paul Scheldrup on YouTube. I got the hindsight cause of struggling with my peep in low light situations. I don't know why I've had such a hard time sighting this in consistently. It's been very frustrating for me. I really like the sight itself. I'm used to practicing 45 to 55 yards and now I've been stuck at 20 for quite a while. But for what ever reason as soon as I quit using an anchor I was grouping better. Maybe I torqued it more before idk. But I'm not giving up. And I'm out to 30 working on 35 so just taking me longer than I'm used to.

10. Christine

Dislikes Received:
    Okay, good.
    Here's a tip that might help. Stand in front of your target, put an arrow on and close your eyes and come to full draw. Make sure it feels comfortable. Open your eyes... Is the pin anywhere close to centered in the hind sight cross hairs? If it's not do you really have to muscle the grip to line them up? If the pins are not centered, you aren't using 'a natural point of aim'.
    If that's the case you probably want to move the sight around until you don't have to muscle the sight.

Also, my husband had to shoot with a non-grip cotton glove to keep from grip torquing his bow. That might sound weird but it worked wonders. :)