The Masters

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by NY Bowhunter, Apr 1, 2015.

1. NY Bowhunter

NY Bowhunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    A tradition unlike any other. The greatest four days in golf starting next week. Kind of like march madness for golf fans. I know I'm in the minority of golf enthusiasts around here, but I love this tournament. So much different than the other majors or tour events.

Reported that Tiger played 18 there yesterday. He's still "undecided" if he is going to play. Making a dramatic decision and will enter? Or he shot 77 and thinking about saving the embarrassment? Hard to imagine Agusta without Tiger. I think he plays and barely makes the cut to fade toward the rear of the pack (maybe last) by Sunday.

2. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Can't wait. I don't watch much golf anymore these days but I will watch as much as I can. Sunday will be lock down mode.

3. L.C.B.H

L.C.B.H Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I hope Tiger plays and wins.

4. henson59

henson59 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I love the Masters. I almost got in trouble last year for streaming the Par 3 competition at work, luckily my boss was with me so we got out of it.

I would like to see Tiger play and hang around to finish but it wouldn't ruin the weekend if he missed the cut. Now of course if some miracle happened and he was wearing red on Sunday I would be happy as can be and so would the TV guys because they would get huge ratings if Tiger was "back".

5. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I will also be watching. Love it. I have a standing offer for a one day pass any day but Sunday and can't seem to get myself down there. I HAVE to do it one of these next few years before the offer goes away.

That being said, if you can go any day but Sunday, when would you go? I am almost leaning towards the pro-am/practice days when the players are far more relaxed and involved with the crowd. I really just want to see the grounds and walk the course. Thoughts?

6. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:

I would be packing my car right now if I had that deal. It is a bucket list thing for me to walk that course someday.

7. fletch920

Dislikes Received:
    Mine too, I really have no excuse for not going other than the timing is tough. I have been doing spring tree plantings and spraying each year and it all hits at the same time. I WILL make it soon. But, what day??

8. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Personally I would want to be there during the actual 4 days of the tourny.

9. NY Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Aside from Sunday, I like going on Saturday (moving day). Lot of roars and action. The pro am days are ok, but I'd rather be there during the actual event.

Unless you want to see Tiger, then you may want to consider Thursday?:whip:

10. Nebraska

Nebraska Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I love following the Masters. I am taking Sneds this year

11. fletch920

Dislikes Received:
    I would be more interested in seeing the course than Tiger. lol Saturday would make sense. Probably hard to go wrong.

12. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I was at the open a few years ago when it was at Hazeltine during Tigers peak. Amazing to see how packed it got and all the extra cameras when Tiger was on the hole.

13. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Really surprised we didn't get a "golf is the slowest and most boring game ever created... for hipsters. Nobody under 30 will ever watch. In the Midwest the only kids that play golf are kids who do not make the baseball team and kids with parents afraid to let their kids play football" comment out of you.

14. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Really? You soccer fans are so thin skinned. Golf is a wonderful sport, I have done a great deal of business on the golf course. Plus golf is traditional and there are no golf fan thugs that riot and attack fans of other golfers. Get better material than that if you want to offend me.

15. smctitan

smctitan Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    This is definitely my favorite tournament. Gorgeous course and really gets me excited for spring and warm weather. A close second is the US Open and being on Father's Day weekend.

I think Tiger makes a dramatic decision to play but fades by Friday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    :lol: truth be told, I have no interest in soccer what so ever - Have never watched, played, or anything. Wasn't trying to offend, but whatever you say. I generally don't make assumptions, but based on some of your other posts it's hard not to.

I can't wait for the tournament - I think Tiger plays, but with how he has played you can't expect much. I really hope to see him do good though.

17. fletch920

Dislikes Received:
    As opposed to the NFL where the players are the ones committing rape, murder, and spousal abuse. Not to mention the fans that get beat down in the parking lots. Some fine traditions there also. I think I see your point. Wait.....what?

18. NY Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Not a bad pick. Great putter and short game. Not sure if he has the length to hold up with the big hitters. Definite advantage long hitters with minimal penalizing rough. I wouldn't mind seeing him win. Classy dude.

Incredible property. It's what you see on TV times 10. Almost surreal.

19. fletch920

Dislikes Received:
    Incredible property. It's what you see on TV times 10. Almost surreal.[/QUOTE]

That's what I understand. I talked to a guy that got to play it shortly after the Masters about 15 years ago and he said the grounds crew were on their hands and knees trimming the grass around the bunkers with a scissors. He said you just have to see it to believe it.

20. NY Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    It's crazy. You walk through the front gates and you enter a different world.