Fall away rest info/advice

Discussion in 'Intro to Bowhunting & Archery' started by 808hilo, Mar 29, 2015.

1. 808hilo

808hilo Newb

Dislikes Received:
    My husband and I are both archery hunters with short draws. I am 24 and my husband's is 27.
    His vanes are hitting his QAD rest on his new PSE Bow Madness 34 shooting 60 lbs. He has tried different angle adjustments on his vanes but is still having issues.
    He had no problem on his Mathews Drenalin LD with the same rest.
    Does anyone have any suggestions to solve his problem?

2. Pastor Scotty

Pastor Scotty Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:

I had the same problem with my Tribute. Spray the arrow with jock itch powered or powered talc the shoot the arrow through the release. See where it is hitting. The rotate the nock or the arrow till it does not hit the release. The release could be miss adjusted too. Take it to pro shop and they can adjust it on the cheap.

Happy shooting

PSR

3. 808hilo

808hilo Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Thank you for the response. We sent the rest back to QAD for replacement after talking to Brett at technical support. We will see how the new one performs. Also talked to a friend who has a 23" draw length and he said he ended up going to a Whisker Biscuit after trying many different fall away rests. I guess that will be our last resort.
    Again. Thank you!

4. Joe Collins

Joe Collins Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I had the same problem recently. Here's how it was fixed;

When the local bow shop guy set up my new drop away rest (PSE branded QAD drop away) he leveled it to make sure my center shot was spot on. However, at that shop they also put on a metal ring inside the D loop above where the arrow is nocked so that it will be nocked in the same place every time....

Anyway, I bought it to another shop.(because the original installer at the other shop refused to acknowledge the rest was causing the issue. He insisted the fletching streaks were from my biscuit) They told me there that 1. Metal rings are a big no-no, because strings shrink and the rings come loose. 2. Above nock spacers are also a no-no...then they showed me why;

When the store owner drew back my bow to show me why it became clear what was happening. The angle from nock point to my drop away went from perfectly level to angled down very noticeably, causing a huge down pressure on the arrow when shooting, which was the cause of the arrow hitting the rest.

They hooked me up with a bottom thread spacer as well as restringing my girlfriends bow for only 15$.

My advice is to check the center shot at full draw. Not just while the bow is at 'rest'.

PS. I shoot a PSE 'the drive'

5. jgreen

jgreen Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Excellent info here. ^^^

6. Rampaige

Rampaige Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Just a heads up, center shot is left to right of the rest. Nock point is the up and down on the bow string. But glad you got it fixed.

7. Whitetail12

Whitetail12 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I shoot a PSE sinister 70lb 27&a half inch draw I now have aa biscuit but am wanting to go to the drop away what are pros and cons??