NCAA basketball officiating...

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by NY Bowhunter, Mar 29, 2015.

1. NY Bowhunter

NY Bowhunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I've never been one to whine about the refs in sports. BUT.... this college game is getting difficult to watch. If it wasn't for the excitement of the tournaments and the madness it provides it would be unbearable. I look at replays of some calls they call fouls on and for the life of me have absolutely zero idea what they blew the whistle for. It's not one or two questionable calls, it seems like over 50% of them are head scratching. One in particular yesterday the arizona defender standing still, arms straight up, didn't move one iota and the Wisconsin big man shot over him. They blow the whistle and a 3 point play! They played it back a few times and the guy didn't budge an inch. Seems like there's a dozen of those a game. Something has to happen. WAY to many chippy calls. Let them play!!!!

2. frantic29

frantic29 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Yes you are correct. What bugs me most is the inconsistency. They are going to make some bad calls. It's impossible not too. As fast as things happen and honestly as athletic as the players are anymore there are going to be bad/missed calls. But if they are consistent the whole game I'm ok with a couple screw ups.

3. WesternMdHardwoods

WesternMdHardwoods Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I get a chuckle of the lack of traveling calls.....?

The players get the ball and walk around with it like they are carrying a baby most of the time.