Nocking Point

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by choppernut, Mar 19, 2015.

1. choppernut

choppernut Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    So, for years now I've had a bow tech work on my bow. I've decided to take the reigns and start doing my own work. I've bought the tools needed to do the minor work, and then I run into my first issue.

I purchased new micro-diameter arrows and my rest is low from my nocking point. I go to move my rest up and notice that it won't go up as far as it needs too. The rest is hitting on the bottom of the string roller bracket. I was thinking I'll just move my nocking point down so that my arrow will be level before it's drawn. I only need to move it down about 1/2 a dloop length.

My question is, can I move my dloop down were I need it to be or does it have to be centered between the axles? I would only be moving it down about 1/4 inch.

2. davidingle

davidingle Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    How much do you need to move your rest up for the different arrows?

3. Whitetail

Whitetail Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    What bow is it? What rest is it. Most bows like the nock high 1/8"-3/16". To start try to set it up with the nock slightly high and the arrow at the same height as the hole that you bolt the rest to...center of hole=center of arrow shaft. Once you get it there see how it shoots. Get back to us and someone will help you from there. Then you can start tuning.

4. choppernut

choppernut Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    So after doing ALOT of research, I found out that the arrow, once leveled, should be right in line with the Berger hole (the hole the rest bolts to). I'm shooting a Mathews creed with a vapor trail limb driver pro v. After working with the rest and arrow, I actually needed to move the d loop down. I havnt shot it yet but I'm hoping to get out tomorrow so I'll keep everyone updated!!

5. muzzyman88

muzzyman88 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    The Berger holes are a starting point. Start with the arrow passing through the center of the holes and the nock about 1/8" high of level on the string. Lots of things affect where the sweet spot will be in terms of the arrows relationship to the Berger holes. Spine, release type, etc. Setup where I mentioned and paper tune it until the high or low tear is removed.

Also, your nock is not in the center of the string. The exact center of the string should fall somewhere below this, inline with the throat of the bows' grip. With that in mind, I always like to get my arrow as low in the berger holes as I can to start. For my setups, the bow just shoots better for me.

Tags: