Most memorable moment of the 2014 season

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by WiscoBowHunter, Mar 17, 2015.

1. WiscoBowHunter

WiscoBowHunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    So what was your moment in 2014 season that you will remember for ever?

Mine was shooting my largest buck to date with the bow! It wasn't just the harvest of the deer. It was what led up to the hunt and the people I shared it with!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I took my three-year-old son hunting with me for the first time. I didn't kill anything the two times I took him out, but we saw deer both times. I had my wife bring him out after a harvested a doe and let him "help" find it and watch while I cleaned it. He has already asked for a real bow to shoot deer. Apparently, the Nerf bow he got for Christmas isn't good enough.

3. Beehunter

Beehunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I would have to say it was the 8 point buck I drew on at 8 yards, then decided to let him walk after holding on him broadside for about a minute. After he walked away, I kicked myself for not taking the shot. I have always wanted a nice typical 8, and I had him smack dab in front of me and I let him go.

The next morning, with a different wind, sitting a different stand, I saw that same 8 pointer working along the base of a ridge about 50 yards away. I grunted him in, and took him at about 18 yards. I told myself the day before that if I had another shot at him, I would take him. Well, it happened the next morning. That made my season!

4. HuntMaine

HuntMaine Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    For me it would be the moose hunt I went on with my father. It was a long week and the second to last day we took a nice 50" bull at 15 yards. It was tough hunting, abnormally warm. We passed on a few bulls during the week looking for a bigger one. We set out to kill a 50" bull and we did it! Unguided, just him and I plus another friend. Memory I'll never forget!

5. Pitman

Pitman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Taking my son hunting with me
    1010487_902995509710925_3379395222198786061_n.jpg

And watching him blood hound this deer, then seeing the joy he got when we found it.
    IMG_7744.jpg

6. TheHardWoods913

TheHardWoods913 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Wasn't a buck, but still a big accomplishment for me. This season was my first season self-filming and I connected with a doe during the second week of bow season here in NY and got it all on film. I was very happy to have it all come together so well and to know no matter what I try to accomplish in the woods that hard work and dedication gets you there and makes it possible! I still have a lot of work to do in order to improve, but it was a start and I got the task at hand done...successfully!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhl49U2bk30

Next season hopefully I have my first self-filmed buck kill! Also had my number one buck at first light come in, that my guess is a 150"-160" buck, full draw at 30 yards...unfortunately I did not have good camera light and could barely even see my pins clearly through my peep so I let down and watched him make his way to the field to dog two doe. Biggest deer I have ever seen on stand and have come to full draw on, so thats was a pretty awesome moment itself. Crazy how you can put the pictures you get of these deer together like a puzzle and when you put your stand in the right spot with the right wind and be in it at the right time....such a great feeling, and I didn't even get to harvest him, but still was awesome!

7. grommel

grommel Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well, I shot my first "real" bucks this year! My first a 9 point was shot on 10/5, and my second buck, a real nice 8 point was shot on 11/16. That is also the date of my 2oth wedding anniversary!! I dubbed him "The Anniversary Buck"" No giants by any means, but to me, they are!!!!( the pics are reversed, first pic is of anniversary buck, 2nd is my 9 point)

Attached Files:

8. grommel

grommel Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Nick, great job on filming the hunt! Enjoyed every second of it. Cant wait to see the next film, with antlers please!! Great job!

9. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Missing the first 2 bucks I've ever drawn on... 1 week apart... Both at 18yds.

Will never forget it. Will probably be one of the biggest hunting learning experiences of my life.

10. Spear

Spear Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    My most memorable moment was filming a deer walk by me only to go to my best friend so he could shoot him. It was his first deer, a solid 6 point. After the shot it ran full speed flattening trees and brush as it ran back to me. It slammed into a tree, spun from the impact to face the direction he was shot from, and blood poured from the entrance hole just 5 yards from my stand. I filmed the deer as it expired, it only ran about 75 yards and died almost instantly after hitting the tree. Sharing that with my best friend after watching him get skunked for his first 8 years of hunting was just as exciting as any deer I've ever killed myself.

11. WiscoBowHunter

WiscoBowHunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Enjoyed every second of it! What was your filming gear used? I'm working on getting my set up complete, hopefully before turkey season!

12. rybo

rybo Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I create a lot of memories during a season, but the 3 that will stand out this year are
    Watching my Dad shoot his biggest bow buck
    Killing my 100th lifetime deer (that happened to be a real nice buck that I came VERY close to killing the year before)
    Doubling up on a buck and doe and having a friend drive 90 minutes to help me drag them out, then returning the favor for him a few weeks later when he did the same

13. 130Woodman

130Woodman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Missing a buck at 9 yards. It was low light in the morning. I text one of the guys I was hunting with about it the next text I get was from Justin "air ball" That was my memorable moment as bad as it was.

14. doepatrol2000

doepatrol2000 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Shooting my first deer(7 Point) with my bow after missing about 2 or 3 does earlier in the season.

15. mike71198

mike71198 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I shot my first buck this year with a bow. Have been hunting for 3 years with a bow, shot a couple does but this was my first buck. A nice 9 pt for our area with the brow tines broken.

10675614_10203042544247795_6247567092351102142_n.jpg

16. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Shooting my first deer on camera (not first ever, just first one on camera). My friend was in the tree filming when I shot a doe the first day of the Ohio season.

17. alenhard15

alenhard15 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Mine was getting my first buck with a bow, what a great experience, that and all the time spent in the woods with good friends and family. That's what it is all about

18. alenhard15

alenhard15 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats Grommel!!! Both are bucks that I would be proud of!!

19. TheHardWoods913

TheHardWoods913 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks man, appreciate that! I put together my own little package to start off, works well for now and was good for my budget with being new to it all. Went with a Canon HFR400, Audio Technica stereo mic w/ windscreen and lav mic, on a Manfrotto Fluid Head and a Lone Wolf Camera Arm...for turkey season and ground blind hunting I have the Manfrotto tripod as well. If you need any help or have questions putting together a starter package for yourself, just lemme know! I'll help best I can!

Rigg in Tree.jpg

20. FullTimeKiller

FullTimeKiller Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Mine was being able to shoot a stone sheep and enjoying a great mountain hunt with my dad. I will never forget that hunt.