Arrow suggestions

Discussion in 'Traditional Archery' started by Copper dog, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Copper dog

Copper dog Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey everyone I'm trying to find a good hunting arrow for my recurve which is a 58# at 28" draw bow. I haven't really used the bow for the last five years or so and never really thought about hunting with it until this year. I know it's going to take a lot of practice but I'm for the challenge. I shoot a 29" arrow with my compound and didn't know if I would shoot the same with my recurve? Thanks for any help guys

2. woodsman

woodsman Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Many times a person's draw will shorten with traditional equipment. If you already have some carbons in a .400 spine you can give them a try.. It takes practice, yes... but keep in mind that it's a lot of fun. Enjoy

3. BackstrapREeaper

BackstrapREeaper Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I just started trying out traditional with a recurve my father had built. It is about 52 pounds.
    My compound is set at 28 inches and I cut my arrows off just past where the lay on my rest. My compound arrows are light though so I went with some CE Maxima piledrivers as they are pretty heavy carbon arrow (the heaviest I could find). I left them longer (30.5 inches) for the extra weight and with the stock inserts and nocks and 125 head they measure in at 512 gr per arrow.
    Im considering putting some 175 gr tips on for a little extra weight.

4. woodsman

woodsman Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Have you shot these arrows yet?