SOmething different....

Discussion in 'Game Processing, Recipes & Cooking' started by CoveyMaster, Mar 5, 2015.

1. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Okay so my mom's birthday rolled around 2/27, she had been seeing the infomercials on the electric pressure cooker and she loves to cook. So, I figured I'd buy one for her birthday. I logged into Amazon and like always, first thing I do is read the reviews on the one advertized on TV. Well, the reviews sucked big time. I figured no way would I buy any product with that many bad reviews. So, I looked at alternatives and several had far better reviews. One in particular, the Instapot 6qt. cooker had fantastic reviews and had pretty much all the same features as the one she wanted...BINGO and I pulled the trigger.

FF to Wednesday, received it on time, everything there, everything worked as it was supposed to. Cleaned it up, pulled a couple recipes from the books I also ordered for it. Did a roast to start with...turned out fantastic! This evening tried some KC strip steaks and veggies in it...oh my gosh...incredible, most tender steak I've ever had. Added in some onions, green peppers and giant portabella mushrooms and I tell you what I could not be more impressed with this thing.

I absolutely can't wait to try some deer roasts and stuff in it. I would absolutely recommend it to anyone that likes to cook and loves good food. The pressure cooking is way faster and you can make all sorts of stuff in it. I even seared the roast and the steaks right in the pot. Really neat product, they aren't just for preserving food, that's what I originally thought.

Next recipe up to bat is the in pan lasagna! Makes the sauce and then just layer sauce, raw noodles, cheese and sauce a few times and cook it for about ten minutes!