Deal at Gander Mountain

Discussion in 'Trail Cameras' started by Nissen121523, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Nissen121523

Nissen121523 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey All,

I have some Moultrie M880's and a few m80xt's (i believe those are the models, don't quote me).

Gander Mountain has moultrie GM-80XT cameras for sale for 100$.

Does anyone have any experience with that camera and/or do you think that's a good bang for your buck? I'm thinking i should jump on that deal and buy a few more cameras.

2. Art

Art Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I will put it this way, if it's your first or second camera then it is a good buy go for it, but if you've tried a few different brands and models only way I"d take a Moultrie M-80 is if I could get it for free.

3. greatwhitehunter3

greatwhitehunter3 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I tend to agree with this statement. I've had a lot of problems with my M80. Don't know if it's different from xt or not.

4. youngfart

youngfart Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    WOW ART
    Sounds like it's a good deal ,LOL

5. grizzly1530

grizzly1530 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I would get it, my m-80 has performed flawlessly for 3 years of year round use.

6. Art

Art Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Lol. My first cam was big chunky, D cell Moultrie battery eater for 100$, but I was getting photos and was so happy with it I bought a second one lol. So basically what I meant was if someone is buying their first camera you can hardly go wrong. The experience of have a trail cam and getting wildlife photos is well worth 100 bucks.

7. greatwhitehunter3

greatwhitehunter3 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I should elaborate. I've gotten three M80s because they all died within the year warranty. All three of them never made it past 8 months before going to crap. I have the 4th one now and it works most of the time but we'll see once I put it back out this spring. Dealing with CS was a pain in the butt too for the most part.

8. early in

early in Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    This reminds me of some of my past Cuddes, they work great the first year then crap out soon after. I saw the light and went with Covert.

9. jake_

jake_ Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    m80xt is probably one of the best cameras moultrie makes to date in my eyes. I had m80s since they came out and yes they have their downfalls like battery life isnt the best when temps drop and they spook deer. I dont quite trust Moultries sensing either, but they have some of the best night time pictures to date of any chinese camera.

$100 is a ok price, $50 would be sweeter, but compared to most junk Gander has on the shelf for $100 I would take the M80 all day long.

10. grizzly1530

grizzly1530 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've actually gotten fantastic battery life out of mine. Had regular rayovacs in for the entire year last year, and it lasted through the coldest winter on record... I've never seen them spook deer either. Well worth the 100 bucks, one of the best cams out there.

11. jake_

jake_ Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    They ain't as bad as other older moultries at spooking but enough deer notice it way more at night then compared to my other red flash cams.

That is great you got a year outta yours but I don't believe it. I had and know enough people with m80s and we have a hard time going 2 months on a set of rayovac batteries in the winter. Summer they are decent but come fall you better be watching that battery meter.

Last month my one m80 took 100 pics and went down 40% on the meter.

But not here to argue on battery life. I will be watching my local gander mountain as I seen they had 5 of the m80's on the shelf.

12. Goin4-200

Goin4-200 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    My Moultrie's have worked great for years

13. Art

Art Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yes there are a lot worse cameras out then the M-80 and I admit if I was at a store and saw a in the box M-80 for 50 bucks I could not resist buying it.