Trying to get Chris Kyle the MOH

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by jrk_indle84, Feb 27, 2015.

1. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I've been noticing alot of debate on FB this morning on the subject. Apparently there a congressman trying to get this award giving to Kyle. So is he deserving? Would any of this be brought up if it weren't for the movie or book?

For me I don't believe it should be awarded. Yes he has the most kills of any other sniper in history and definitely was a great asset to the troops he was deployed with but I don't feel that's what the MOH represents. Not taking anything away from anything Kyle did but not sure if it deserves the highest military award for the country.

Here's a quick article, hopefully the link works.

http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/sto...r-sought-american-sniper-chris-kyle/24064669/

2. Bawanajim

Bawanajim Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    If it has to be questioned, then its unwarranted.

3. kb1785

kb1785 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I would agree that he was a true patriot and offered all that he had in the service of his country. I don't know if his particular circumstances would rise to the MOH criteria. Don't get me wrong, I think there are many, many that have been in combat situations that are deserving of this award that never get considered for whatever reason and say what you want it is a political process. I don't think that he will be seriously considered.

Whether or not he gets the MOH does not in my opinion diminish one whit the service that he performed and courage that he exhibited so again in my estimation he does not need that for validation. The book and movie have done more to immortalize him than any medal ever could.

4. dmen

dmen Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    No to the MOH. Navy cross would be acceptable IMO.

5. Chris1982

Chris1982 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Obviously he accomplished a lot and was very good at his job, but the Medal of Honor means a lot more than that and to add the MOH to his list of awards because of his celebrity status would cheapen an extremely meaningful award.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2015