Curved out Brow Buck

Discussion in 'Videography & Photography' started by Prestonwk, Feb 26, 2015.

1. Prestonwk

Prestonwk Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well I posted the video of "The Messed Up Deer" a few days ago and now here is my buck "Curved out Brow Buck". This was a self filmed buck and my first self filmed deer ever! It was all filmed with a DSLR and I got caught with my small lens on as you guys will see. It was an extremely exciting hunt and I think the video turned out really pretty good. You all will probably laugh at my reaction but I just couldn't help it! I'm not a big fan of all these shows that the guys go crazy after they shoot a deer but it just happened and came out of me! I hope everyone likes it and thanks for taking the time to check it out, its really appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  2. greatwhitehunter3

greatwhitehunter3 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Another great video and buck!

3. arrowjunkie

arrowjunkie Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Great video and great buck, congrats on the self film!

4. _andrewgiles_sio

_andrewgiles_sio Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome! Props on the great filming with a DSLR also!

5. soccerdan90

soccerdan90 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Very well done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Ventilator

Ventilator Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Great job, I enjoyed that very much. I thought the production was excellent, and congrats on the deer!

V

7. DEC

DEC Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    You know what ... I don't comment on a lot of videos because everyone sees something different in a video in terms of camera work, production value, and the overall story being told. But I will say that this video has everything that a video should have in my opinion. I have been self filming for a long time and I have one word for you when it comes to what you just did with a DSLR ... RESPECT ... you said it best, unless you have self filmed you have no idea how difficult self filming with a DSLR is. You hit it out of the park, IMO.

Everything about this video is great. The camera work was excellent. Subjects were generally in focus. Depth of field was nice. The 24fps and DOF that a DSLR gives is so excellent. I loved the lens flair from the sun over your shoulder when you were looking for blood. The camera settings were solid in most of the shots. The editing told the story with a good balance of B-roll stuff and music at the right moments. A lot of talking, but that is so subjective and for the most part I think it fit the production well.

Just as you said, I'm not big on the extreme reaction after the shot that you see in many videos. But in this case your reaction came across as genuine and to me it fit the video. I loved it that you were doing the interview and that buck stepped out and you never shut the camera off and showed getting him in focus (a huge props to you for that alone!) and then followed through with the shot and post shot. It was raw and spot on.

Sorry if I sound like an over the top school girl carrying on, but I watch so many videos that quite frankly are horrible from a filming and production stand point that when I view a gem like this one I feel the person behind the lens and editing machine deserve a huge "atta boy!"

Congrats man and keep up the good work!

Last edited: Feb 27, 2015
  8. Prestonwk

Prestonwk Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks to everyone for your positive comments and feedback and DEC I really appreciate the feedback on the video! My goal in each and every video I make is to do it the best I can. Sure there are going to be problems you have in each video and things I don't personally like and things that others don't like, so that being said I try to have as little of that as possible and really try to put something out there that people will take the time to sit down and watch. This video was a little over 10 minutes. I try not to make my videos any longer than they need to be just simply to keep the viewers attention and IMO the shorter the better as long as you can keep the story, and in this case it took the 10 minutes to tell that story. Yeah there is a lot of talking but from a production standpoint that was the only way to get the story across and I hope that I was able to have that much talking but still keep it interesting at the same time. So I really appreciate all the comments on the video and I am really glad that people are enjoying the video and I really appreciate people taking the time to watch it!

9. nealmccullough

nealmccullough BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    Great job on the video. Self-filmed!!! Definitely felt the emotion; it felt like we were right in the tree with you.

What DSLR camera are you running?

10. Tim Ainsworth

Tim Ainsworth BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    Preston,

As DEC had said fantastic job. A serious accomplishment with the DSLR! I shy away from using one when filming others and you got it done all by yourself. Very enjoyable hunt to watch. It's been really neat to see you evolve over time into a quite a talented videographer and editor. Keep up the great work man!

11. TXhoghunter94

TXhoghunter94 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    That's some awesome footage!