Camera setups /Angles

Discussion in 'Videography & Photography' started by SparrowHawk, Feb 24, 2015.

1. SparrowHawk

SparrowHawk Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    How many cameras are you using and what angles? For myself, I use my main camera in a tree stand on a tree arm. I mount a go pro on a muddy micro mount on my bow hanger. In a ground blind I use the same setup with my main camera on a tripod, and my go pro up behind one the the blind post facing at me or the shooter. I am just looking for some new ideas/ angles, and possibly investing in another camera for that 2nd angle on the shooter and using my go pro for some other neat angle ideas.

2. MistaWondaBread

MistaWondaBread Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I just make sure I have a good wide angle, where I can see the whole body of the shooter, waist up, and then a camera on the deer. Of course shooting a lot of B-roll will help to increase the quality and length of your video.

3. jfergus7

jfergus7 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I run my main camera on a tree arm or tripod if in a ground blind. I have an EpicCam Instant On mounted to the top of my riser pointed back at me and I usually put on a tree looking back at me in the area that I am expecting to shoot.

4. Greg / MO

Greg / MO Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I picked up a Spypoint Xcel with remote control this year for turkey hunting... going to mount it on a stake on the opposite side of the decoys from us hoping to catch a nice reverse angle of everything...

Thinking I may be able to use it for deer hunting as well if I place it on the opposite side of where I expect the deer to come from... of course, I'll have to camoflauge it a little better for that.

5. bloodcrick

bloodcrick Moderator/BHOD Prostaff

Dislikes Received:
    I use the epic cams for second angle and use game cams on video mode with a custom setting to increase video lenghts

6. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Like Bloodcrick and Jfergus I have my Epic cam mounted to my bow for a second angle. I just purchased a Joby Gorillapod for another angle using a second Epic cam. I will mount it to my bow holder in the treestand or above me in the ground blind. When I turkey hunt, I will put a trail cam on a Stic-n-pic and put it near my decoys. I will put it on video mode.