Discussion in 'Videography & Photography' started by Isaac Coy, Feb 23, 2015.

1. Isaac Coy

Isaac Coy Newb

Dislikes Received:
    This is our entire year of chasing Whitetails in one video. Still struggling with slow seasons but it was a fun one regardless. Feel free to watch some of our other videos if you get the chance. Thank you for watching and all feedback is appreciated!

https://vimeo.com/120416575

2. SparrowHawk

SparrowHawk Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Very nice, what camera are you using?

3. MistaWondaBread

MistaWondaBread Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Looks pretty good! I got a couple ideas to toss around regarding some things you could have done differently, if you're interested, PM me. I promise it will only be constructive!

4. WiscoBowHunter

WiscoBowHunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Where are your other videos posted?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Isaac Coy

Isaac Coy Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks everyone. This year we were using a Canon XA20/shotgun mic and a Canon 60D with a Sigma 10-20mm and a Sigma 50mm 1.4, along with two GoPro cameras. You can find all of our other stuff on the same Vimeo channel.

6. TXhoghunter94

TXhoghunter94 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    That is some truly amazing video! I loved the approach you took and captured what most hunters really go through with all the behind the scenes shots. Looking forward to more videos!

7. Prestonwk

Prestonwk Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Here are my thoughts. I really liked the video, I like your style of editing and think think it is very unique.

A few tips from what I saw and what I would do. Not saying my way is the right way or anything but a few things I think would help out a lot. First and most important thing to me would be, Steady. A lot of your shots you had quite a bit of movement in and they were good shots but if they were a little more steady they would be great shots. A lot of that can be tightened up by editing. For example at 10:56 and around 11:00 of the deer shots where you are zooming in and stuff, edit that part out and just do a still nice and steady shot of the deer and i think it will help it out visually. If you are wanting to do a zooming in shot and get that effect then try zooming in on the deer a little slower, it will make it a little easier on the eyes. Some of the shots you had from the tree stand looked rock solid like you were on an arm the whole time and some looked like you didn't have an arm or weren't using it so try to use that as much as you can. Like I said i think most of it you can tighten up in editing by cutting out the first part of the shot before you get the shot you actually want.

Again like i said I'm not saying that my way is the right way but those are just a few things i noticed. I like when people comment on my videos and let me know how i can improve so overall great video and i think that in the future your videos are going to only get better.

8. Isaac Coy

Isaac Coy Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks guys!
    Preston, I really appreciate the feedback, most people don't take the time to go into that much detail, so thank you!
    We do have an arm but very rarely use it, mainly because it is a hassle. After going through all of the footage from this year, we've definitely decided to start using the arm and tripod a lot more. Personally, I'm usually able to keep it steady without either, but I had about five different filmers throughout the season, so you know how that is haha. I'm always kind of hesitant when putting zoom shots in videos so I'm glad you evaluated that. I will for sure work on stabilization in future production. Again, thank you guys for all the comments!