promos shack attack blind?

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by ksredneck, Feb 23, 2015.

1. ksredneck

ksredneck Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I was wondering if anyone has used this blind? And if so what you thought of it.

2. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Promos? Never heard of them. :p I've looked at it in the passed... They advertise it as their lightest blind yet it still weighs 20 Lbs... They say it has a 75 X 75 foot print and will accommodate 2 hunters. I have a suspicion that it would be a real tight squeeze due to the shape of the blind.

That and I am certainly not crazy about the window lay out.

3. ksredneck

ksredneck Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    That's what I was thinking so I am going to stick with my dark horse.

4. CYP

CYP Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I already have a double bull double wide, thinking of buying the shack attack in a couple weeks just to have a bit of a smaller profile when I'm out in the woods. I'm all public so set up, take down. When I don't have the kids I think the shack attack will suit me a little better. I'm not really worried about the window lay out on it, I wouldn't have anything but the front open on the double bull either. If I do order one, Ill make sure to post a review of it.

5. macsolocam

macsolocam Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Only has to hubs to deal with so it is super fast setup... but the downside would be they are probly cheaper hubs than your dark horse and as mentioned earlier smaller window layout. I think they were just trying to get the price of a double bull down to 200ish$ so the easiest way is to cut down on rods and fabric. We have two at work and haven't seen much interest in em

6. DEC

DEC Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I just bought one a month or so ago. No chance to hunt out of it but I did set it up and got to go through all of the features of the blind. I have owned most every model of Double Bull blind ever made and have hunted out of the couple that I haven't owned. I still own an original T2, two Dark Horses, and now this Shack Attack.

The Shack Attack is obviously similar to the T2 in design, but it incorporates the window system of the Dark Horse & Double Wide. The hubs are very similar to the Double Wide as well. The original T2 is much much lighter in weight, there is no doubt about that. For starters the Shack Attack is of the same material as the Double Wide and it has the same black almost plastic feeling lining on the inside of the fabric. That alone adds a ton of weight. The window system is like the Dark Horse so it also adds weight. And the hubs and extra rod on each side add weight over the original. So yea it weighs a lot for what its size is. Very similar to if you have ever picked up a Double Wide right after picking up a Dark Horse or Matrix blind. The Double Wide weighs significantly more for the exact same reasons (material, door, hubs, etc).

That being said, the down fall to the T2 was the giant screen window similar to the old BS5 blinds. I actually cut my screen so that I can roll it up or down as needed as I don't like shoot through screens. So the new Dark Horse style of window in the Shack Attack is a welcome change for me. I really like its range of adjustment that it offers.

Overall the quality of the blind is solid. We can debate all day long if the quality of the Primos Double Bull is less than the original Double Bull products. In my opinion yes there are some things that I think the old Double Bull did better, but these newer blinds have some nice features that the originals never offered.

I am personally looking forward to hunting out my Shack Attack this fall for deer and next spring for turkeys. I picked mine up on Amazon Prime for $150 shipped to my door. At that price it was a no brainer for me to buy one.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2015