Difference in sights.

Discussion in 'Intro to Bowhunting & Archery' started by Swise660, Feb 17, 2015.

1. Swise660

Swise660 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I prefer to use a multi pin sight. Now I honestly don't know what the difference between my $30 (on sale) Tru Glo sight is compared to a $150+ sight. They are both accomplishing the same thing and with the lack of moving parts, what would make that high dollar sight better than a low dollar sight?

I am not looking for comparison on a single pin sight to a multi pin sight. I am just looking for something that may explain to me if that high end sight is something I may want one day. Lets compare apples to apples.

Stacy

Last edited: Feb 17, 2015
  2. Bootlegger

Bootlegger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The way there made is the biggest difference in quality.

Sent from my XT830C

3. frantic29

frantic29 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Your getting better materials and probably tougher pins. I'll be honest I don't see the point in spending much over $75 or so on a fixed pin sight. Unless your looking for some customiZation. Then black gold or spot Hogg is worth it. I used a Trophy Ridge Hit Man 5 the last 3 years I picked up for $50 and loved it. Did have to put some black tape on the fiber guard to tone down the pins a little. They are the brightest I have ever seen on a sight. That thing got dropped, kicked , hung on stuff and was still good to go. I've moved to the ranks of movable pin sights now but if I went back that's what I would go for.

4. Swise660

Swise660 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    If quality is the only real difference, think I will just stick with my cheapo sites. Haven't had an issue yet. I don't have to bust through thick stuff with my bow either so I am not too concerned.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2015
  5. frantic29

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah I mean really as long as it's metal your good. Stay away from the plastic crap.

6. Swise660

Swise660 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    All metal except for the pin housing.

Thanks for the input every one!

7. frantic29

Dislikes Received:
    Your welcome. I would upgrade sights if you have a plastic pin housing. All of it except the fiber guard should be metal IMHO.

8. Shooter.556

Shooter.556 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    For the money you can't beat a Black Gold Rush. I was highly impressed with mine. I sold it with my Hoyt and the only reason I haven't bought another one is I'm shooting a Mathews at the moment and it doesn't come in Lost Camo.

9. bigfootcali

bigfootcali Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Trophy ridge react 5 pin sight is a awsome sight I love it and is a ballastic copolymer which is pretty tuff.......

10. Swise660

Swise660 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Mine is a Tru Glo, never really did look to see what model it was when I bought it. It was on sale and I liked the site, so that was all that mattered at that point. I found it on their website and evidently it is their Carbon XS. Their site says it is a carbon composite construction. Whether or not it'll hold up is beyond me but I haven't had any issues with it yet.