do you believe there are such things as spirit's?

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by ShaneB22, Feb 2, 2015.

1. ShaneB22

ShaneB22 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I recently moved into a old house and a whole bunch of creepy stuff has been happening to me. The first night I saw what looked like the outline of a person and the last few nights it's been footsteps in the hallway and following me up the stairs, then there's tugging on my blanket. About an hour ago I was about to take a wiz and the bathroom door flew open and that almost literally scared the piss out of me. The very last thing I think that happened, a picture that said "Our home is where our heart is" flew off the wall and landed in the middle a the dining room (there's a plant below the picture so it would've landed in it if it fell). Maybe a coincidence or a message? If anything like this has happened to you share it with me.

2. Christine

Christine Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    If your walls start bleedling and creepy voices screech "Get out!", you should probably get out. ;)

3. ShaneB22

Dislikes Received:
    Haha but I'm serious this all happened to me.

4. Aaron Jones

Aaron Jones Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thats some creepy stuff. that gave me chills just reading that! But a lot of that can be just your head getting the best of you.

5. ShaneB22

Dislikes Received:
    It could be, but stuff like this has happened to 3 people in my house.

6. Aaron Jones

Aaron Jones Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Did you know that there were three people like that before you moved into the house? haha

7. ShaneB22

Dislikes Received:
    Haha funny

8. Christine

Christine Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    When I was a kid, we lived in a house where weird stuff happened. An old rotary phone that wasn't hooked up to anything started making noise. Our big console TV in the basement would get moved out from the wall. Battery powered toys that would turn on by themselves. We blamed the happenings on 'Gorg' the Monster. Gorg never hurt any of us or was visible and we were 99% sure he was imaginary... But boy could he scare you.

Then I lived in a apartment that used to be an old barn. My sister was my roommate and often at night both of us would hear this creaky noise. It sounded just like an old thick rope rubbing on wood. We were merely amused by it until we found out that a guy hung himself from a beam in that barn. Then it was just creepy.

9. TJF

TJF Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    My older brother thought our bedroom was haunted but that was my doing. :evilgrin: He was constantly turning the light on every time he came up to get something or to pull his sheets back before getting in bed. It was really annoying when you were trying to sleep.

I would scare the **** out of him and he would go screaming down stairs. He hated it when I would hide under his bed and reach up between the wall and his bed and grab his arm. The very last time he turned the light on to pull his sheets back... I sat up, started screaming blood murder and acting like I was possessed. He went screaming down stairs and told dad there was something wrong with me. Dad came running up and I pretended to be a sleep. He shakes me to wake me up. Then he asked if everything was all right. I told him no... the light was on could you shut it off ?? He did and went back down stairs. I could hear them talking but couldn't tell what they were saying. I remember waking up a couple hours later and my brother still hadn't came up to bed.

It was the last time he turned the light on when I was sleeping. :lol:

Tim

10. Scott/IL

Scott/IL Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    A couple creepy stories from when my sister lived in the farm house on our farm.

The house was built by my great grandpa, somewhere in the early 1900's. It is the same house my grandparents then lived, and raised their family, which included my mom. Grandpa passed away in '93 and in 2000 Grandma was moved to a nursing home, and passed away in '04. In the spring of '05 my sister, her husband, and 2 sons, age 5 and 3, moved into the house. One night, my sister woke up to go downstairs in the middle of the night and heard one of the boys talking. She walked into the room, and the oldest boy was standing on his bed looking at the ceiling. Sis asked him what he was doing, and he just said he was talking with Grandfather, and laid back down and went to bed. The next morning she asked him what happened, and he said Grandfather would come talk to him some nights. Shortly after, one morning the youngest started laughing in the kitchen. Sis asked what was so funny, and he said he was just playing with the man in the straw hat....which my grandpa wore religiously while farming. Both kids picked Grandpa out of a group picture, despite never seeing him, or being told about him before.

A small fire later damaged an interior room a few years later while a different sister lived in it, and laid vacant until it was completely gutted, and the 1st floor doubled in size when my parents moved in. No other strange things have ever happened though, so who knows what the little gremlins were seeing or doing.

11. Turkeysniper511

Turkeysniper511 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Time to take the trail cams out of the woods and set some up on video mode in your house.. Lol but id put some kind of camera out see if you can catch anything.

12. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I DO NOT play with ghosts and stuff like that....this would be me......

[​IMG]

13. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    An older couple lived in our house before we bought it, actually the older gentleman died here. Nothing too weird but when I get home after work I have walked in and thought a TV got left on because you can hear what sounds like play by play of a sporting event. Nothing loud and it sounds like it is on in the background. I hear it on a regular basis and my wife does too.

14. sachiko

sachiko Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I believe in spirits with respect to my religion. But I don't believe in ghosts.

:sheep:
    May The Sheep Be With You

15. NY Bowhunter

NY Bowhunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  16. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    When I was five years old, mom and dad bought a farm with an old house on it. The previous owner was an old woman mom and dad helped out because she didn't have any family left. She sold them the farm and they let her live there, planning on building a house later. She passed away about a year later and my folks decided to just renovate the old house and use it.

While remodeling the house, my next oldest sister became mysteriously ill and passed away at 13. Dr's were at a loss and couldn't save her. It's assumed now she had reye's syndrome. Later while playing in the yard with my oldest sister and one of her girlfriends, they were off to the side of the front yard practicing cheer leading stuff and I was in the middle of the front yard. All of a sudden a big wirlwind came from nowhere and picked me up completely and forcefully and carried me a couple of feet off the ground and spinning slowly. It was the strangest feeling ever, utterly indescribable. My sister and her friend happened to be watching me when it first happened and reacted quickly as the force carried me across the yard north . There was an old barbed wire fence on the north side of the yard and this force was carrying my aggressively towards it. My sis grabbed one leg and her friend an arm and both of them had to literally wrestle me free of this force that was trying to wrap me up in that old fence. After about ten seconds of them wrestling me free it passed and we all freaked out for a bit before running in the house to mom.

We heard voices, doors would open and shut and I was helping mom clean out an upstairs bedroom towards the end of owning that place. We were cleaning out a closet and there was an old picture of a young man in there, maybe a 10x12" or so framed in glass. I threw it out the window to the pile below where we were discarding all the stuff to be hauled to the dump later. That glass broke and the picture came out of the frame, I clearly watched it happen. The next morning that picture was back in the same place in the upstairs closet, picture back in frame and glass intact. I could find some explanation for the other things that happened there but that glass being repaired and pic being replaced back on the second story...no way.

Only experience I've ever had with something like that and I hope it's the last. That place sold directly and sold again back to a distant relative of the old woman finally. They lived there for about a decade and the house mysteriously burnt. I'd have torched that sob too. I don't know if I believe stuff like that is from spirits or demonic, I've read some things that lead me to think they are typically demonic rather than ghosts.

17. Cooter/MN

Cooter/MN Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    There are always Spirits in the kitchen cupboard above my sink...wiskey...rum...vodka :)

18. TRBrew

TRBrew Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I don't have time to get into a few freaky things that has happened to the wife and since I have to go to work, but if you are interested in this type of stuff check out Darkness Radio, The Best in Paranormal Talk Radio and download some of their podcasts. I use Podcast Addict on my Samsung GIII (android OS) phone.

With the exception of the granddaddy radio show of Coast to Coast, Darkness Radio is the best one out there, and just may beat out Coast to Coast, depending on the night.

Oly

19. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Gone like a freight-train, gone like yesterday
    Gone like a soldier in the civil war, bang bang
    Gone like a '59 Cadillac
    Like all the good things that ain't never coming back

[​IMG]

20. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    A few things have happened to me that make me believe in ghosts/spirits.

We used to live in an old 1900's farm house - The rumor was a musician was killed while living there way back when. On numerous occasions my older brothers and sisters would hear someone playing the guitar upstairs when there was no one in the house. My dad actually went up there with a gun convinced someone was there.

A few years back me and a few buddies were at a boat landing on the Leech Lake Indian Reservation in northern MN - The landing is located right next to a old, old cemetery. There were 4 of us and we drove a Honda Pioneer there... Me and my buddy jumped in the back and were facing backwards. As we were leaving there was what looked like an Indian chief pointing at us... Me and my buddy looked at one another at the exact same time and said "DID YOU SEE THAT?!"

If it would have been just me that saw what we saw, I wouldn't think anything of it... But since me and my buddy looked at one another and said the exact same thing I now believe in spirits/ghosts.